Do you like your pooper scooper?

My parents-in-law have two dogs. Since they are having back and knee issues now, it is quite painful for them to clean after the dogs each day during walking. I like to buy a scoop jaw for them, but guess it won't be easy for them to use during walks.

What do you think? Do you like yours if you happen to have one?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes! I bought a horse mucking out bucket and rake. They have long handles and you just flick it in. Simple.

Saeleofu

I have a scooper jaw thingy I use at home. It's nice for at home, but it's too bulky for walks. They do make folding ones, but I don't know if that would be any easier.

SaraB

So because I had danes, I just used your run of the mill manure fork made for picking up horse manure. It worked well because the thin forks were able to get under the grass and lift the poo up without ruining or smooshing the grass. It doesn't work so well now that I have dogs in the 20lb range though.

My birthday is on Tuesday and I asked for this:
http://us.petvalu.com/in-our-store/products/dog/supplies-and-accessories/clean/poop-patrol-bag-n-scoop

I think I have sunk to an all time low in my dog-obsessiveness, asking for a poop scooper for my birthday.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I think I have sunk to an all time low in my dog-obsessiveness, asking for a poop scooper for my birthday.
I totally asked for one for Christmas a couple years back...

This is the one I have.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10928015&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No
I just walk the yard with this - I use the spade attachment rather than the rake - and scoop poop into the pan, then over to the bucket and dump the poop in there when I'm done. (We have a lidded bucket with a large bag in it where we dump poop for a few days then toss the bag.) My dad is quite tall and he can use this without having to bend down, whereas the claw type ones generally have a short handle and if he wanted to use it to clean the yard he would have had to bend down.

I'm not sure it would be very ideal for a walk though, especially with two dogs... what Sara linked looks like it might be good for that!

Members online