Anyone heard of Dr. Tim's food?

kady05

I'm bored today, and came across a thread on another forum about this food: http://drtims.com/

It seems pretty decent from my skimming through the website.

Wilson eats almost all kibble now, minus a couple days a week where he gets a turkey neck or chicken quarter for the teeth cleaning benefits. He just never did that great on raw, was always puking; actually, yesterday AM he got a turkey neck, kibble for dinner, and this AM I got to clean up 2 piles of bile/bone puke. :mad:

So anyway, I've had him on a few different brands and he does fine on all of them. I'm always looking for other stuff to try because I do like rotating foods. The Momentum formula at 588 cal/cup is tempting for me, although it's not grain free. You can get it in 44lb. bags though, which is also nice.

Just wanted to see if anyone had ever heard of it, or fed it!

I'm trying the Pursuit. We started it last night and it didn't go over too well. Ronon snubbed it, Keenan picked out the Native and Jack spit it out. They did eat it this morning with broth from the beef roast I made yesterday. I have a 44lb bag and they are going to finish it! So I'll update when I know more. I was hoping it would be all they claimed it to be.

(Note- these are not picky dogs, this is the first food Ronon has ever snubbed).

kady05

I'm trying the Pursuit. We started it last night and it didn't go over too well. Ronon snubbed it, Keenan picked out the Native and Jack spit it out. They did eat it this morning with broth from the beef roast I made yesterday. I have a 44lb bag and they are going to finish it! So I'll update when I know more. I was hoping it would be all they claimed it to be.

(Note- these are not picky dogs, this is the first food Ronon has ever snubbed).
Hmm, interesting! Maybe something in it smells funny to them? Wilson would probably eat mulch if I fed it to him, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Probably is the smell. I'm the weirdo that likes to smell dog food and it doesn't smell good to me either. Not bad like rancid or anything, just not good smelling like Fromm, Acana, Earthborn, etc.

But Native doesn't smell that great to me either and they gobble it up.

I like the smell of Fromm. Even their classic- it smells like cheese! :)

My dogs went nuts over the Fromm Surf and Turf and Beef Fritatta. But my dogs never have firm poop on any of the from grain free lines.

Casper and Pongo are eating NOW Large breed Senior and it smells a little funky, but they are doing great on it!

Well I'm off to torture my dogs with more Dr. Tims! :)

kady05

I always loved the smell of Orijen.. never smelled like dog food to me LOL. I've never fed Fromm so can't comment there ;)

I might try some just to see what Wilson thinks. I've also been toying with the idea of adding in some kibble to Piper & Sako's diet as well. Sako drives me nuts with his "I don't want to eat bone in meals" crap.

Well Ronon and Keenan ate it fine tonight. Jack still isn't eating it though. He picked at it, but doesn't want to eat it. Keenan finished Jack's bowl though! Growing puppies need lots of food!

kady05

Well Ronon and Keenan ate it fine tonight. Jack still isn't eating it though. He picked at it, but doesn't want to eat it. Keenan finished Jack's bowl though! Growing puppies need lots of food!
You'll have to update here on how they do on it. Wilson still has some kibble left, but I need to buy some new stuff in a week or so.

Jack is still refusing. 4th meal he hasn't eaten and totally unlike him. Ronon and Keenan eat it, but not well and they are both gluttons. So I will not be buying it again. I just hope we can get through this bag.

I am going to have to go buy something else for Jack. He ate Casper and Pongo's food this morning after he refused Dr. Tims again, but it is too low in fat and kcal for him to eat long term.

CaliTerp07

I can only feed Lucy fish food, so I'm kind of grossed out by all the food-sniffers! My rubbermaid container smells like an aquarium when I open it up!

kady05

Hmm, so weird that yours aren't big fans of it Whitewave! I still haven't decided if I'm going to order some. Weighing my options..

I have never had them not eat a food. Had them like some foods more than others, but they've always eaten everything. Whether is agreed with them or not was another story. But when I put food down I'm used to it being gone in less than 30 seconds.

Rocky will eat though. But Rocky eats everything and I mean everything whether it is edible or not.

I think I am going to try Victor again. It is more affordable than Acana that they were on before. I want to try their new grain free fish food. It runs $45 for a 30lb bag.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I can only feed Lucy fish food, so I'm kind of grossed out by all the food-sniffers! My rubbermaid container smells like an aquarium when I open it up!
Frodo gets an awesome allergic reaction if he's on anything except Canine Caviar's Herring formula, so I feel your pain. Not only does his food smell nasty, but HE is starting to smell fishy. Not his breath, but if you bury your face in his fur and inhale....fish. Ick.

I am so sick of allergies I could scream.

May have discovered Jack's problem. I think he has kennel cough. He started a dry hacking cough today. Still running and playing, but sounds horrible. Now I just hope the rest don't get it.

Two were going to the vet in the morning , I guess I'll just take Jack too. What else would I spend my paycheck on???

Now I'm worried about giving Keenan his next puppy shot tomorrow. I know you aren't suppose to vaccinate them when sick and if Jack is sick, he surely will be too since they are together 24/7.

Also have no clue where they could have gotten it. Haven't been in public or near other dogs in several weeks. Only went hiking on Sunday and that is in the middle of nowhere in the woods- not a popular area either.

kady05

May have discovered Jack's problem. I think he has kennel cough. He started a dry hacking cough today. Still running and playing, but sounds horrible. Now I just hope the rest don't get it.

Two were going to the vet in the morning , I guess I'll just take Jack too. What else would I spend my paycheck on???

Now I'm worried about giving Keenan his next puppy shot tomorrow. I know you aren't suppose to vaccinate them when sick and if Jack is sick, he surely will be too since they are together 24/7.

Also have no clue where they could have gotten it. Haven't been in public or near other dogs in several weeks. Only went hiking on Sunday and that is in the middle of nowhere in the woods- not a popular area either.
Oh that would explain it! Makes me feel better about the food LOL.

Hope he feels better soon!

They put Jack on Simplicef and Temoral-P and he should be fine. They think it is regular kennel cough and not anything else like k9 influenza. But with him being a brachycephalic breed, don't want to take a chance of him getting sicker.

kady05

I don't blame you.

I went ahead and ordered a 30lb. bag of the Pursuit to try, at least on Wilson. Might get brave and see what Sako does too. Would certainly be easier to bring kibble to our away shows than raw. But I'll do whatever he does best on.

Got that 30lb. bag of Pursuit, 12 13.2oz. cans of EVO for the cats, and a 16lb. bag of World's Best cat litter all for $68 from chewy.com.. yay coupon codes & signing up for auto delivery!

Members online