Guess the breed

rrwhite

I came to you guys before for another dog we saw and everyone on here was quite helpful, unfortunately (or really fortunately for the dog) she was already adopted when we got back to her. So here I am again asking for help.

Found this cute (but malnourished) little guy down at a local shelter. He had just come in the day before and the worker's said the owner didn't give much information as to what he was. They had him marked as a Sheppard mix. He is 4 mo old and seems quite small to be mostly Sheppard.

I am looking to adopt this little guy, but I need to get an idea of how big he will be. Knowing the breed would certianly help, but so would just having an idea of the growth rate of dogs (Someone mentioned that you should just double the size of the dog at 4 mos to get full grown size). My small apt probably can't handle much more than 25 lbs.

So ... what am I? how big do you think I'll get?

more photos

showpug

Keep in mind, *(unless you have a limit at your apartment complex) any breed can live in an apartment given the proper amount of excersice to meet their needs. I would say that this dog is the mix of all mixes. I think this dog is made up of so many breeds that it is not a mix anymore!!! I would guess the adult weight around 40 lbs, but it's so hard to tell. Take him home, he needs you! ;)

rrwhite

We also have a 16 lb 2 yo JRT in the house who is fairly dominant and wanted something comparable in size.

Whether we get her or not we'll make sure she is taken care of b/c we plan on volunteering at the shelter where this little guy is.

Adrienne

I would say way to tiny to be a shepherd pup, my GSD was about 44lbs by four months! I think he looks like a staffie or APBT mix, they can be relativley small in stature but bulk out as they age.

avenlee

What a cutie. He looks so scared. He is definately a mix of mixes I think. I was thinking a little bit of Akita in the mix there (with the dark snout)? In any event, he's a doll.

Fran27

So sad how skinny shelter pups are :( I can't help for the breed, but for the size he seems just a tad smaller than Tips at the same age, and he is 20lbs. So my guess is that he will be 35-40 lbs, too.

Melissa_W

Looks like a pit mix to me too. He's quite a cutie, but you can tell he needs some TLC and love.

Members online

No members online now.