So I switched to Innova Evo

andrewxlt

And now I am curious as to just how much i should give Rusty? I used the feeding wizard on their website and it shows roughly 1 1/2 cups but it doesnt really say how many times a day. How many times a day should i give this to Rusty?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
1 1/2 cups is probably the total amount for the day, so you can split that up into two feedings of 3/4 cup or three feedings of 1/2 cup.

Saje

Island dweller
He might not need to be weaned if he is coming from a crappy food. Most dogs do pretty well with the switch. Just depends on the digestive system.

andrewxlt

yeah im weaning

I switched from beneful (junk) so he never really ate it at all ... took him like all day to eat 1 cup i put out a little beneful mixed in with the evo and he ate it like it was his first meal of his life :) so i know i have chosen the correct food ... couldn't be happier because he had me worried for a while not eating like he should

Saje

Island dweller
Aww that's so good. If he doesn't get a stomach upset you can probably switch him right over. Those recommendations on the bag are just guidelines. You'll have to watch his weight to find out what amount is right for him :)

pup-man

Permanent Troll
When I switch foods, I like to add a table spoon of canned pumpkin the first 4 days for good measure :) It reduces any chances of any diarhea :)

Balto

Remember to always keep your food in a AIR TIGHT container so it will remain fresh or your dog might start to dislike any food (even Innova Evo)

Abbygirl

I have a 9 week poodle--about 2 pounds. I have gone through every sample food--I grind it up and mark 3 plates and set them out...EVERY time without fail she choses Natural Balance duck and potato--I even pick up the plates and switch them around and she sniffs it out EVERY time--lol.I tried the following foods and I think they are all quality but due to some itching I was trying to avoid sunflower oil and chicken...so here is the list: Merrick Cowboy in beef,Solid Gold lamb and rice,Solid Gold fish and potatoe(smelled horrible)Eagle pack lamb,Wellness lamb,and Natural balance duck. So--After doing well I wanted to try mixing in a little can for variety and flavor..tried multiple cans of various and she really liked her kibble better..UNTIL!!!!...I tried the Innova Evo Duck..OMG!!! She shook with pleasure and I know overate..much more than usual even though I mixed the kibble with about 1/3 portion of the Evo.So--is this alright to mix the canned Evo duck with the Natural Balance Duck Kibble?She really likes it..although this was about an hour ago...so no poops yet to see if loose or firm as they are firm on the Nat. balance alone.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Abbygirl said:
So--is this alright to mix the canned Evo duck with the Natural Balance Duck Kibble?
Yes it is. :)

It's just not a good idea to mix different brands of dry food together and feed the mix long-term, since they are so concentrated and formulations can differ vastly.

Abbygirl

Thank you mordy! So basically...I will be keeping my kibble the same and top with the evo:) ...happy dog!

One more ques...what ratio should I go for...I was thinking 3/4 kibble to 1/4 part of the can evo... Or can I do 1/2 and 1/2..what would be your recommendation?
I am also adding salmon oil(grizzley) to the food..am I in any danger of too much fat? She is a small dog.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Abbygirl, you can mix whichever way you like. Canned food is more natural for a dog to eat than dry food and easier to process for the body than dry food though.

You should be fine with the fish oil too, the NB kibble is prettty low in fat.

andrewxlt

Evo

Yeah I feed him Evo, is that wrong? He is 7 months old... I must have misunderstood on the food, should I be feeding him something else? Thought I read on the bag and their site that it was for ALL LIFESTAGES?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
For all lifestages is correct, but it's not suitable specifically for large and giant breed puppies, since they have vastly different requirements from small tomedium puppies and adult dogs.

The lifestafges designations do not distinguish between breed sizes.

Abbygirl

Mordy said:
Abbygirl, you can mix whichever way you like. Canned food is more natural for a dog to eat than dry food and easier to process for the body than dry food though.

You should be fine with the fish oil too, the NB kibble is prettty low in fat.
Thank you

Mordy--she developed a slight cough then gag the other night and does it off and on through the day..night some...should I go to vet or wait a couple days...I don't have tons of money so I don't want to run to the vet every time something weird happens...is there something I should look for to know if this is serious. She is eating and playing well.Just a wierd cough/gag every now and again and a couple times at night--been 2 days now.

andrewxlt

oh no

So I have been doing the wrong thing for almost a month now, ive been giving him Evo. That isnt hurting him is it ? I will change immediately what kind of Innova should I feed him?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Abbygirl - I would give it a couple more days and observe closely. If it gets worse, take her to the vet.

In regards to the seameal - it's a nice supplement, but not something I'd call a "must have".

Members online

No members online now.