Sewing?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know a few people do it.... So what are your favourite things to make?

I just got a new sewing machine, and omg I'm addicted LOL I made a dog bed (it was gonna be for the ferrets but it's too big for them and too small for Rosey), and am going to make some bandanas with leftover fabric. Now I'm trying to figure out what else I could make, haha. Oh, I'm going to try a quilt once I get supplies for it, and crate covers are one the que waiting to be figured out.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I sew buttons and seams and the occasional hem. the last item I made with a sewing machine was a pillow in 8th grade home economics. But it was a pretty cool pillow :D

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I do alot of hemming for my inlaws and SIL's ha ha.

I've sewn pretty much everything back in the day, I've have not really started up again in a long time. I think the last thing I sewed was some dog collars.

Although I do get the bug once in a while.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I sew when I need something, not just sewing for sewing's sake. The last thing I did was make the crate covers for the boys. Dog beds, taking in clothes, fixing rips and stuff... just whatever I need to do.

I use to sew a lot. Now not so much and since moving I don't have my machines here with me. So I've been crocheting because its portable and doesn't take up a lot of space.

Clothing. I've done household things like curtains when I needed them, but I don't enjoy those. Even with clothing I don't LIKE the actual process, it's the making exactly what I want, the outcome that I'm after. If I'm working on something I've been known to not sleep until I get it done.

Aprons and totes are my favorite things to make. Also, other little projects like oven mitts, window valances, yoga mat bags, etc. I got this book called "One Yard Wonders" for xmas with tons of cute little projects you can make from one yard of fabric. I use it a lot.

yoko

If anyone sews things like purses/wallets or quilts let me know I can get you some free fabric :D

I actually work at one of the biggest fabric distributors in the the world.

If you want more for like draperies or bedspreads I can get it for you on my discount which is half of wholesale.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
If anyone sews things like purses/wallets or quilts let me know I can get you some free fabric :D

I actually work at one of the biggest fabric distributors in the the world.

If you want more for like draperies or bedspreads I can get it for you on my discount which is half of wholesale.
...I totally do quilts (actually just got some fabric for one XD)

Romy

Taxiderpy
I've been doing clothes for the kids. Right now I'm working on new Sunday outfits. Samuel is getting an awesome little edwardian suit, and Aurelia is getting a new spring dress. It seems like all the dresses at the store are either more than $30 or sleeveless/strapless. She picked out the pattern she liked, along with the fabric.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm making sequin wrist bands by hand right now. My fingers are full of holes. Only 4 more sets and a headband to go!

Taqroy

I've made dog collars, skirts, dresses, purses, messenger bags, crochet hook cases....random other things. I tend to start with a pattern and then alter it to suit what I want. Or if I already have something I'll deconstruct it and make a new one after getting all the measurements. It's a lot more fun for me to start from the ground up, with something out of my own head. I'm working on the plans for a knitting needle case right now. :p

I have the top of a quilt pieced together that's been that way for almost a year because I don't know what I want to do with it. LOL. Quilting is apparently not my thing.

A good cheap place to find material is the thrift store - you kinda have to know what you're looking for though. I have tons of beautiful scrap quilts from my grandma made entirely with fabric from yard sales and thrift stores.

Doberluv

That is such a great hobby...and one I never got into, but wish I had. Quilting, in particular really fascinates me. I can see getting into that. I use to have to make outfits for all the various singing ensembles and choirs I was in and I was not a good sewer...always needed help. lol. I'm still not that interested in making clothing, but quilting, I can see getting into. Need a sewing machine first though and to join a club of some sort. I use to have an old Singer...not that old, like from the 70's and I don't know who, in the family has it now, but I would rather have a new one that is meant for quilting...if I ever decide to take that on. It would be fun to see pictures of the stuff you guys make!:)

keef

I love to sew. I sew most of my clothes, other than jeans and what I can find at vintage markets. I also love vintage sewing machines and in the last 2 months have purchased 3 beautiful old Singer sewing machines which are such a joy to use.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Mostly I just fix things now. I'm sewing buttons on Millie's bed cover because the zipper broke, I darn socks, lately I need to sew back together a lot of clothes Fable keeps chewing up, etc.
I love making quilts, bandanas, pillow covers, curtains, etc., but I no longer have a sewing machine, so that's why I mostly do mending instead of creating. My hand cramps up awfully fast with anything big. I actually do very much like to sew, and I'm the process of teaching myself how to crochet.

FOR SRS?

Probably the most fun projects I've ever worked on were the wrestling costumes. No boundaries, other than they had to be functional and suit the character.

This is probably my next project . . . should be fun :D

yoko

I can get stuff that is small squares and some stuff that is larger pieces. You can't use the free stuff for curtains or anything like that but for smaller things they work.

Members online

No members online now.