What's your dog's favorite currency?

Doberluv

Jose` goes nuts for anything at all....even a piece of kibble. He's very easy to please. Chulita, on the other hand isn't always impressed with kibble but loves any and all of those things mentioned. Of course, those tastier treats....meat, cheese, peanut butter are all very high up on the heirarchy of currency. Those salmon treats sound yummy. I'm going to make those. They are probably yummy for people too, minus the egg shells. LOL. Thanks for posting.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo will eat....anything. But his favorite treat ever is Kong Stuff'n, the peanut butter flavor. I think part of it is that he loves getting it out of the bottle, kinda like people love the bottle of whip cream.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Those Rollover dog treats that come in the big round package that you can just slice up.

Quinn will eat anything but that's definitely her favorite. It's her special recall treat for when we do off-leash hikes, and now if I so much as make eye contact with her she'll come flying back.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hot dogs.

And orbees.

And fleece tugs.

But mostly hot dogs.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
hot dogs are a big hit around here, but the ones that have cheese inside of them are the drool worthy ones in Bamm's opinion

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Peanut butter for Juno. I mean, she goes nuts for pretty much any food, but if I have PB with me I can pretty much rest assured that I'll have her attention no matter where we go or what we come across.

For Lucy it is the all-mighty Beggin Strip. Actually, most sugary & unhealthy "meat" flavored strips make her bonkers.

Skivvies

We usually train Tiffany with Zuke's Peanut Butter Mini Naturals or Chicken Soft Buddy Biscuits (broken into smaller pieces).

She loves people food (bread, chicken, peanut butter, etc), but she gets so excited if we show her people food that she can't focus on what command we're telling her to do.

Michiyo-Fir

One of the only things that motivate Nia is tennis balls. Other tug toys work as well most of the time

BostonBanker

Meg being Meg, when we go for the big currency, we go very big. Tops on her list are McDonald's cheeseburgers. We were having a ton of trouble getting motivated this winter in agility; some big goals accomplished this year left me with a very "now what?" feeling, and Meg doesn't have any interest in agility if I don't make it fun. I was leaving class teary eyed and thinking about just retiring her.

After realizing I had sent us on the downward spiral, I ran through McDonalds on the way to class the next week. I had the fastest, most focused and drivey dog I'd seen in a long time. Crap food? Sure, but I'll take it once in a while for what it does for us. We've both been motivated and having a good time!

The only non-food thing that has ever worked for her was to release her to chase the groundhog outside the fence line after getting an obstacle of focus from her...silly hound.

Members online

No members online now.