This struck me as a bad idea

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Took the girls to the park today. Its not a dog park but its off leash and this afternoon there were a lot of dogs there. Anyways when I was walking today I came upon a guy with his two ferrets running around the park. Is it just me or does this seem like a bad plan to you?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
no way in heck id let ferts run around off leash anywhere unless working a warren...
and theres no chance ever id let them off around strange dogs...

at the park on a leash fine...
but otherwise...

Wow ... that's just crazy. :yikes:

Wonder if he's ever had a dog or any experience at all with dogs? Doesn't seem he understands anything about prey drive. Even if any individual dog may not actually kill one of his ferrets, it's still possible a dog could chase them into some other dangerous situation. (Into a road, parking lot, woods or other area with wildlife) I hope his ferrets don't end up paying with their lives for his lack of knowledge and common sense. :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Okay so not just me LOL! I had to turn quickly and divert Mia's attention. I know if she had seen them she would have gone 'squirrel!' and been off after them. They set up in one of the biggest squirrel areas of the park where a lot of the dogs end up chasing squirrels.

happyhound

Someone once brought their 2 60lb+ pigs to the dog park. On the small dog side (under 25 lbs only). I told them to GTFO with their pigs in a dog park. They weren't even bothering to pick up their poop that was all over the place.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Someone once brought their 2 60lb+ pigs to the dog park. On the small dog side (under 25 lbs only). I told them to GTFO with their pigs in a dog park. They weren't even bothering to pick up their poop that was all over the place.
:eek:

My zois would have had fun eating both ferrets and hogs. Wow.

We used to take our old ferret off leash outside, but that was in our yard or camping in the snow. But, he was an extremely clingy wussy ferret that always came when called. I probably wouldn't do it if I got another.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Holy cow! That's crazy stupid.

At least this was a regular park and not a dog park. But still off leash dogs + off leash ferrets doesn't seem like a good plan.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
i had issues with a loser in a dog friendly park with an off leash rat. Even on leash Smudge was determined he wanted to eat him. Guy thought it was funny. Won't be funny if his collar snapped or something.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Augh! People are totally stupid. I used to take my ferret for walks, actaully she pretty much went everywhere with me, but I ALWAYS had a leash and harness on her and when I saw or heard a dog she was in my arms in a second.

Members online

No members online now.