What breeds have your dogs been mistaken for?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
People never guess with Lucy. I suppose it's because they just know she's a mutt and don't want to bother guessing what breeds lol. If they say anything at all, it's "she's poodle and what?"

Juno used to get called a pit bull and boston terrier allllll the time. It's been a while since anyone has made a guess... now they just ask me what she is.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
My plott hounds consistantly get lab mix, labXboxer, labXgreyhound... basically anything involving a black lab and something that could be brindled :)

the basset is routinely called a beagle, but I just assume it's because she's so thin... so I take it as a compliment.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
"Is that one of them border collies?"

Yes. Yes he is. He's just fun size.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
I've heard it a few times that Mocha is a mini Golden Retriever.

Well, he's golden in color, and he does retrireve his ball... so I guess they were right!

GSchnauzer

I have 2 Giant Schnauzers(one cropped one natural eared). I've heard Scottie, Airedale, Bouvier, Poodle, Kerry Blue Terrier. Lately people have been really interested in what they are.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Rory has been called a golden retriever, a borzoi, an aussie, and the latest one is a springer spaniel. Two women walked by us a few days ago and one said to the other: "what breed is that?" The other women answered "springer spaniel." lol.
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

---------------------------

A boy asked me if Lizzie was a Rottie.

Blaze, suprisingly, has never been mistaken for a different breed. People always ask or know.

S

Squishy22

People have never gotten it wrong with truffles. He's small, has a big head, erect ears, short coat, and he is that famous tan color that most people associate with chihuahuas... Minus the chocolate nose. Lol. And he's got eyes on the side of his head, cause they are so far apart. The comments I get are hilarious. I HATE it when people say teacup though.

Members online

No members online now.