Silkens Unleashed

Pintage

Mountain Dawg
They're so pretty it hurts! Do you mind if I PM you about them? I've met a couple and I'm semi-interested in them.
Of course!

And thanks for the compliments everyone, she is a real head-turner... I'm actually thinking of investing in a good camera with a really nice lens, just so I can take better pics of her :D

Equinox

Gorgeous pup! I have been recently looking into the breed and browsing a local breeder website to oggle at their photos. Not the breed for me, but that doesn't stop me from admiring them :)

Glad you started posting and hope you continue to do so actively!!

Pintage

Mountain Dawg
They're so pretty it hurts! Do you mind if I PM you about them? I've met a couple and I'm semi-interested in them.
I'd be glad to answer any questions you had :D

Never heard of this breed. Sure are lookers, love the ears!
Her ears are actually what got her designated as pet-quality! The standard calls for rose ears, like a whippet, and prick ears are a fault. I just love her ears though, it makes her face ssooo expressive and it looks like a black butterfly.

Wow they are beautiful! How do they compare to Whippets? Are they bigger?
I can't compare their temperaments since I don't know any whippets in person... but all of the Silkens I've met were very varied as far as temperament goes. Some are quite drivey and barky, others are very chill and never utter a sound; I've seen some with insane prey drive (in contrast, my girl won't even chase a squirrel unless my roommate's dog does it first). Lugia is verrry independent, much like a cat (her personal space is a 5 feet bubble), but her sister is a velcro dog (she'll try to climb into her owner's lap when she's on the computer).

Females are about whippet sized (20-35 lbs), but males can get pretty big... up to 50lbs.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wooooow! Beautiful Silken puppies! :) It's so awesome that they get to grow up together.

It looks like Birdie's teething and got blood all over Lugia. Lol I do not miss that about puppy playdates.... blood erywhere. Lugia is such a cool name btw!

Members online

No members online now.