As per request Central Asian LGDS

Thanks Am staffer.

To the other poster. I dont need to advertise my breedings.
Im sold put before I breed and I dont breed often.
I dont take out classifieds any more either dont have too.

But I do need to post and keep the breed in the correct forums such as this which does NOT tolerate backyard breeders.

oriondw

user not active
Thanks Am staffer.

To the other poster. I dont need to advertise my breedings.
Im sold put before I breed and I dont breed often.
I dont take out classifieds any more either dont have too.

But I do need to post and keep the breed in the correct forums such as this which does NOT tolerate backyard breeders.

Just out of curiousity how many litters per year do you have?

So far I have one or two litters per year.
I have had 6 litters in 10 years of owning the breed.
# 7 is sold out . I have a list for deps here and there for the next 4 years.
A complete listing of each litter each parents, each document is on our site.
Thanks for asking...

~Tucker&Me~

Absolutely lovely dogs!

I am a big fan of these guys, so thanks for the pics.

When I am older, I do want a farm with livestock. I would LOVE to get my hands on a Central Asian Shepherd. Thank you VERY much for posting, and I look forward to seeing/hearing more of your dogs.

~Tucker

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
Central Asian Shepherds

truly are a wonderful breed.
I own one; FoxFire Kim Possible, a 13 mos. old pup from Gr. Ch J-Lo's litter last year.

When I first started my research into the Central Asian Shepherd I was looking for a dog that could; withstand cold and heat (they are good with our Southern Ontario summers), liked kids and seniors (my 2 kids and parents), would guard as needed and got along with horses. I also like a big dog (my last puppers was a 90 lbs. APBT).

Jeannine De Palma of Fox Fire farms invited me to a Molosser show to see a variety of her dogs, and once there she issued an impromptu invitation to her home to meet everyone.

I met Coz; the sire of Kim's litter and J-Lo (dam), I also met J-lo's sire and dam and her full sister (a pet). Coz is an import; but looks just like his sire and grandsire. Coz is also very prepotent for what he produces; both temperament and colour.

I gave my deposit and waited for my pup - I watched the puppies being cared for by J-Lo by webcam last year and kept an eye on the 3 females; one of which was to be mine.

Jeannine had me come with my son at the time to meet the pups - around 6-7 weeks old and Kim was the only puppy to want to stay and play with the humans; the other pups were friendly but went back to play with their littermates after greeting us. Some (from a different litter) were indifferent; true to their sires breeding.

We were pretty sure Kim was our puppy and I went back alone (w/o kids) later to help Jeannine take some of the pups to 4-H to see their reactions off site; after handling Kim there; that was it; she was ours.

She has been a very fun pup; and has 2 Very Promising critiques by FCI judges; she also has some points towards a UKC championship. I intend to get her UKC CD title as well, down the road.

If you ever get a chance to visit a show with CAS - UKC is a good venue, check it out; they are very interesting to meet and see.
:D

mrose_s

BusterLove
wow. your a great breeder. its obvious you really care about this breed. i am looking into them to as a posibility once day. but i dunno if my situation will ever allow for a big protective dog.

btw (i read it a while back) but i miss steve to :( i cried so much the night he died. i always just figured i would get to meet him. after all, you go to brisbane, you go to the zoo and you meet the irwins right? well... i am moving in about 5 days to the same TOWN as the zoo. how sad is that :(

they have a retail position going there i am considering applying for though. sorry to get off subject.

awesome dogs. btw, i was looking for the 10 reasons not to own one list. i can;t find it. anyone have a direct link?

Thanks guys yes Jlo has a attuide big and a great butt.
And can she sing and dance.

Her new pups are being raised with the sheep just born.
Its amazing watching them grow together.
Because how a dog reacts to the small lambs when compared to Ivan below is different. Same applies to dogs a pack lgd should accept adult large dogs within a pack after introductions. Little dog /animals are easy because they do not pose a threat.

I have one dog here that does NOT do well with the adult sheep but great with our rescue ferrets and lambs . Ive been breeding for this temp for
6 years and even 2 lgds do not produce a litter of lgds.

Dylan is a Arabian Stallion * Bask grandson and that is Ivan

FF Bam Bam is our fulltime LGD

Video link of Bam bam patrolling the pasture with my hubby.

http://www.casdog.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/5584/cat/662

will post the 10 reasons not to own one with video later great idea

oriondw

user not active
At first I didnt think much of you, but as I have read more of your posts I know I was wrong.

From what I can tell you really care about dogs, and doing a breed a great service, even though you can be a little sharp. :)

Keep up the good work.

Can you imagine being on the bad end of this? LOL

Thank you--- I got the guts to go into the snow to play with the horses and sheep - Got this shot sitting on the frozen tub .

This lGD came from us but lived in VA he has NEVER seen Snow this deep thus he had some fun yesterday.

The little rams have horns allready got to post some more of them.

Amstaffer

Thank you--- I got the guts to go into the snow to play with the horses and sheep - Got this shot sitting on the frozen tub .

This lGD came from us but lived in VA he has NEVER seen Snow this deep thus he had some fun yesterday.

The little rams have horns allready got to post some more of them.
Beautiful dogs! They don't look as big as I thought. Maybe it is because of the way they move or maybe your hubbie is a tall guy. How big is Bam Bam? They are suppose to be 27+ inches and 140ish right?

Females are a min of 25 - generaly around 27-28 big ones are 29 around 90-115lbs average

Males are a min of 26.5 Generally around 30 big ones are 36 inches
around 120-150lbs average and some monsters are 200lbs At age a year.

Bam Bam is about 31 inches and about 145lbs NO scale yet thou.
Just got his first nail trim ear clean job was NOT to happy about it ..
Being a working dog all his life cant wait to he see the dr's scale.

Biggest male I have bred has been about 165lbs at age 5 years full maturity.
I do NOT breed for huge cause the bigger than get the quicker they get there the shorter the life span and increase in health issues.

So in other words Bam Bam is what I want he will live 10-15 years if not more.

Amstaffer

Females are a min of 25 - generaly around 27-28 big ones are 29 around 90-115lbs average

Males are a min of 26.5 Generally around 30 big ones are 36 inches
around 120-150lbs average and some monsters are 200lbs At age a year.

Bam Bam is about 31 inches and about 145lbs NO scale yet thou.
Just got his first nail trim ear clean job was NOT to happy about it ..
Being a working dog all his life cant wait to he see the dr's scale.

Biggest male I have bred has been about 165lbs at age 5 years full maturity.
I do NOT breed for huge cause the bigger than get the quicker they get there the shorter the life span and increase in health issues.

So in other words Bam Bam is what I want he will live 10-15 years if not more.
Health is way more important than size IMHO. Since you are retiring from breeding is 14 years....and I am retiring and moving to the country in 15 years....I guess I shouild send you my deposit now so I can get the first pick of your last litter ;)

Again...your dogs are great lookers!

Except the three dogs looking at Bam Bam....they look kinda funny ;) :p

Members online