Limit is Ready for Christmas in MI!

FG167

Well, it's 65 degrees here in TN in December *weird*

I am totally not used to this at all. We are driving back to MI to spend the holiday with my family. My other dogs have been exposed to MI winter and have thick, double coats that won't have a problem. Limit, on the other hand, was chilled when we went there this Fall. He's just not used to it.

Thanks to this forum, I even have this dog. I had never heard of Kelpie before I came on here and I am so infatuated with this little dog! The combo of Kelpie/GSD just suits me to the ground!

Also thanks to this forum, I got a coupon code to order him a jacket! I love it, it is so cute on him! He also got a new rolled leather collar for his 7 month birthday (tomorrow), but I will take/post more pics when I take them tomorrow.

Kelpie stalk is awesome

New found retrieve/tug/hunt drive has put me in the best mood!

He's a bowlegged mo-fo LOL

Throw my ball!

Intensity

Striking a pose

He's a sexy beast!

Random, but this is one of our favorite work dogs - his name is Sky and he has the personality that I think Kastle will have when he is 5 years, so sweet and goofy and fun to be around.

Last edited:
I adore him. SO MUCH. He's so handsome and his personality just screams through pictures. He looks like so much fun.

Also, when are you going to be in MI? How long? Feel like trying to get together at all?

Airn

He looks so adorable! I love the perked ears, too. Too bad we aren't closer. Gwen and Limit would make a cute couple. : )

I'm not sure if I should get Gwen a coat or not. This might sound stupid but how do you know if they need a coat? All of my other dogs have been long haired and fluffy.

Our weather here has been weird too. Granted it doesn't get in the negatives here, usually but the other day it was around 70 degrees. This weekend it's starting to get a bit cooler, but no snow or ice yet. It needs to do something so I can have a (better) reason for not raking the leaves.

I'm not sure if I should get Gwen a coat or not. This might sound stupid but how do you know if they need a coat? All of my other dogs have been long haired and fluffy.
Traveler has a coat, I'll probably get Didgie one too. Neither have much fat covering and are smooth haired so I'm sure they are effected by the cold. Traveler if he's outside not running around like a loon will start to shiver.

I think you just go by what you feel. I mean, if it's cold for you and your dog doesn't have that layer of fat and/or fur it's not going to hurt them. Kaylee even has a coat and she's a big fat fatty but I noticed she wouldn't stay outside in the cold and she LOVED her coat when I got it.

FG167

I adore him. SO MUCH. He's so handsome and his personality just screams through pictures. He looks like so much fun.

Also, when are you going to be in MI? How long? Feel like trying to get together at all?
He really has so much personality! I love my other dogs so so so so much, but their personality just does not burst out of them like Limit's. I don't know how to describe it.

Well, we are aiming to leave December 21 (Friday), and then spend the night somewhere half-way and then finish the drive on December 22 (Saturday). Perhaps we could meet up on Saturday? We are actually bringing all 7 dogs (Pan, Kastle, Eden, Poppy, Robin, Limit, Snitch) so you could meet everyone...although not everyone is dog park friendly so I don't know if we could just go somewhere with some space for them to run...? We are definitely interested though!

I normally expect them to "handle" the cold if we have been living consistently in it AND they are not going to be exposed for a prolonged amount of time. I would not put a coat on Kastle, for example, unless we were going to be going on a hike and then just standing around outside, in MI. BUT, Limit is not acclimated to the weather in MI at all really since he has mostly been in warm weather there, then here to TN where it's also warm. I also use their ears to gauge temperature. If the ear tips are cold, not cool, but cold, then they're cold. I did the same with my Labs and that seemed to keep them pretty comfortable. I have never, ever seen Eden get cold, even while sitting out in the snow on the porch for hours. So, each dog has a comfort level.

When and where are you going to be? A meet-up, perhaps?
Where are you at exactly? Would you want to come south and meet with Linds as well or a separate meeting in MI?

Oh, we will be staying through the week, leaving the following Saturday (December 29), staying somewhere half way and then finishing the drive up on Sunday.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
^^^ me too. His personality does shine in each pic. Love them all, both dogs are very handsome.

We hear you on the coat, none of mine have undercoats so it's a quick in and out when it's really cold. They get their exercise racing through the home.:yikes: and it's seriously not enough,. counting down the days to spring.

Equinox

That jacket looks perfect on Limit! He just seems to be the coolest dog ever. I'm so happy that he's such a great fit for you, especially as he's maturing. You sound more and more thrilled to have and be working with him each time you post :)

Also, I want Sky, please.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
That looks like a great coat for him :) I still can't believe how fast he's growing up!

monkeys23

Limit looks so great in green!

Ahem, I will totally rumble ya for Sky Equinox! LOL!! Seriously though, solid black GSD's are so gorgeous. I want to snuggle him!

FG167

That jacket looks perfect on Limit! He just seems to be the coolest dog ever. I'm so happy that he's such a great fit for you, especially as he's maturing. You sound more and more thrilled to have and be working with him each time you post :)

Also, I want Sky, please.
He is, he really is. The more I do with him, the more I just *adore* him.

Jason is infatuated with Sky. I keep pointing out that it's because he's a "mature" Kastle...and all the things he loves about Sky he teases me about Kastle *cough*mamasboy*cough*

Love love love it. From Ruffwear, right?
Yup, got a coupon code for 20% off from a member on here :)

Members online

No members online now.