Apple cider vinegar....

rubygirl

I was just wondering how much apple cider vinegar to give my 40 pound dog. I have been giving her ACV every few days (don't measure it out just splash a few teaspoons in). Also- what are the benefits? Does it work?
My girl doesn't particularly like the taste but she will eat it... I don't want to give it to her if it's not helpful lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
I found this on another forum:

A medium - large dog it should get 1 tbsp per 50 lbs. per day. You can put it in the water if they will drink it, or dilute it and mix it with their food or some plain yogurt. Feeding apple cider vinegar will make the dogs body more acidic and inhospitable for viruses and bacteria to grow, thus preventing infections. Diluted and sprayed on the dog it can also prevent flea infestations.
ACV does not cause crystals in the urine, and it can be used to treat urinary tract infections. Dogs that have to hold their urine for long periods or don't drink enough water are susceptable to crystal formation as the urine is more concentrated.

rubygirl

I found this on another forum:

A medium - large dog it should get 1 tbsp per 50 lbs. per day. You can put it in the water if they will drink it, or dilute it and mix it with their food or some plain yogurt. Feeding apple cider vinegar will make the dogs body more acidic and inhospitable for viruses and bacteria to grow, thus preventing infections. Diluted and sprayed on the dog it can also prevent flea infestations.
ACV does not cause crystals in the urine, and it can be used to treat urinary tract infections. Dogs that have to hold their urine for long periods or don't drink enough water are susceptable to crystal formation as the urine is more concentrated.
Thank you very much! My girl is pushing 40 pounds so I guess a little less then a teaspoon?

This is interesting. I didn't know this.

I love ACV. It's good for so many things. I had no idea that it would be helpful for pets too. I let my dog use pooch pads so she never has to hold her urine, but I really like the idea of helping her steer clear of viruses and bacteria. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.