Rally practice - video

Danefied

Remember a while back I asked for help with Bates' heel? Thanks guys! I think its looking a lot better!

Don't mind our complete lack of a finish right. Rookie me never taught him anything about going behind me, for some reason I thought as long as you had a finish, it didn't matter if it was left or right. No biggie, I'm going to teach it with luring this weekend.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how we're doing. Most (all?) of the mistakes are handler error that I'm hoping more practice doing actual courses will help. Yes, I totally walked by one sign (#4), if nothing else I am awesome at going off course... :rolleyes:

YouTube - Rally Practice

Dekka

Just try me..
Looks good. LOL coming from obed where it didn't matter which finish you used and not wanting JRTs behind me my guys didn't learn the right finish till later on.

Pivots/left turns need work to be really snazzy, but I bet they are much harder with such a big/long dog :D

Danefied

Thanks Dekka :)
He can do a very nice pivot, but we don't have it consistently yet - we're getting there. Practice, practice, practice (and finding time to practice!)

I forgot to mention that he has decided "finish" includes putting his right front foot on my left foot (why I tripped). He also stepped on me on the back-up sequence. Right now we're ignoring it - any thoughts?

SaraB

Love it!! You guys are looking great!

About the stepping on your foot, if you keep ignoring it and randomly trip like you do, he will eventually stop.

Danefied

Thanks Sara!
And that's exactly what my trainer said LOL! He'll get tired of that particular trick and figure out some other way to entertain himself - booger! I swear he's too **** smart for his own good - for sure for MY own good!
We worked on pivots, back up (dog backing up, not me) and the right finish today - he did great and looked at me like I was the dumbest human ever when he figured out all I wanted him to do was walk behind me. I know what he was thinking: "seriously mom? I can finish left in like half a second, and you want me to go all the way around your giant backside?!"

Members online