Who said Chihuahuas are dumb?

Doberluv

There's this study that rates different breeds' intelligence....the kind of intelligence that makes them pick up and learn new behaviors quickly, with few repititions. Chihuahuas are, I think, 67th on the list. :rofl1:

But last night I watched Chulita do the funniest thing, which appeared to be a well thought out scheme to obtain a Nyla bone that Jose` had in his possession. (a thread in the training forum made me remember this)

Most people think of a "dominant" dog as one who uses force, threats or aggression to get it's way. But there are much more subtle ways, used by dogs who are too chicken to throw their weight around. You've either got to have brawn or brains to get a hold of something that someone else has. And this 5 pound Chihuahua doesn't have brawn and she isn't very brave either. I didn't think of her as the sharpest took in the box, but maybe I'm the one who was missing something.

Jose` had a Nyla bone and was chewing away happily on the couch. Chuli was on the couch too. She decided she'd had enough sleep and went over to Jose` and started this little prance thing she does when she wants to play. It's a very, very quick, jerky hop, then a freeze, then a hop and then freezes. She looked sideways, then back at him and nuzzled his ear. This was as close to real live flirting that I've ever seen in a girl. I said in the other thread and I'll say it here, that if ever there were an appropriate anthropormophizing to be done, this would be it....She really was FLIRTING with him. I have no doubt. :D

He decided to accept her cordial invitation to play, thinking that would be a great idea... and left his Nyla bone lying there. As soon as he left it, she zipped on in there and swiped it and lay down to chew on it, leaving poor Jose` in the lurch.:p He didn't complain though and just came over to lie on my lap. He's so good natured.

So, if anyone tells you that a dog is the "boss" because he/she is forceful or aggressive, forget that. Bosses, especially "women" :D will use a wide variety of tactics to get their way.

I hate those intelligence things... they should be renamed... ease of training... because really thats what they are.... poodles are always near the top of the list but I dont find them any smarter then my yorkies, they just dont have the stubborn terrier attitude making them easier to train.

S

Squishy22

Haha, what a great story. Lol. Truffles is a bit ditzy, I will admit. He's just got a goofy attitude about him.

Members online

No members online now.