Where's the Walking Dead thread?

Do you really think that's what terminus was? And all that advertising about those who arrive survive was just a ploy to lead people there like sheep to slaughter? OMG o_O
Well, they got cars of people locked up, and made a specific point to shoot only to herd them that way rather than injure or kill them. There was major foreshadowing on it being a trap with Rick explaining how the snare works to Carl. The Hunters were a good story line in the comic, so I think with all they're doing straight from the comics that's what Terminus will be.

There were solid rumors Morgan would be back, so I hope he shows up. And Tyrese and Carol save the day.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Well, they got cars of people locked up, and made a specific point to shoot only to herd them that way rather than injure or kill them. There was major foreshadowing on it being a trap with Rick explaining how the snare works to Carl. The Hunters were a good story line in the comic, so I think with all they're doing straight from the comics that's what Terminus will be.

There were solid rumors Morgan would be back, so I hope he shows up. And Tyrese and Carol save the day.
I wonder if it was either Tyreese/carol or Morgan who rescued Beth on the road? I am thinking it was more then likely Tyreese/carol because she got in the car so easily and my intuition told me that there was a strong likelihood it we them.

In the comic it was the hunters who kill Glenn wasn't it? I thought I read somewhere about them all converging on Alexandria or something.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I wonder if it was either Tyreese/carol or Morgan who rescued Beth on the road? I am thinking it was more then likely Tyreese/carol because she got in the car so easily and my intuition told me that there was a strong likelihood it we them.

In the comic it was the hunters who kill Glenn wasn't it? I thought I read somewhere about them all converging on Alexandria or something.
Not the hunters - it was Negan and his crew who killed Glenn in the comic, and who descend upon Alexandria. The hunters are that small group of five who stole and mutilated Dale when they were all staying with Gabriel at the church. Before they found Alexandria.

If Eli Roth plays Negan in the show, I will scream like a bloody fangirl.

milos_mommy

My thought was cannibals when watching, and I know nothing about the comics. Between the talk of the rabbit snare, the strong theme of hunger in the episode, the weird ass meat fence, and the odd sacrificial room, I thought that it was strongly implied...I don't know why Beth would be on the grill, though?

I thought Beth was kidnapped, but it'd make more sense she'd be rescued, although the house they were in was set up like a trap.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My thought was cannibals when watching, and I know nothing about the comics. Between the talk of the rabbit snare, the strong theme of hunger in the episode, the weird ass meat fence, and the odd sacrificial room, I thought that it was strongly implied...I don't know why Beth would be on the grill, though?

I thought Beth was kidnapped, but it'd make more sense she'd be rescued, although the house they were in was set up like a trap.
Oh man I never thought that the house Daryl and Beth found (the neat and manicured one) was a trap. Do you think the dog was part of it? Used to lead walkers to them? Or was that just a coincidence?

I know she is kind of annoying, but I kind of like Beth.

Not sure if it ties in to the TWD storyline, or is just a weird coincidence....It's something I read recently, so take it as you will (and I may miss some of the specifics)..but in Roman mythology, Terminus was the god of boundaries/boundary markers, and human sacrifices were made to him to sanctify each boundary stone. Gifts of human bones and blood (I'm guessing from the sacrifices), candles, honeycombs and other "special" things were laid on the boundary stones as an offering.

I can't find the article that I read this from , but it had some pretty neat speculations about Terminus/TWD/The Hunters and season 5. If I come across it again I'll post the link.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Not sure if it ties in to the TWD storyline, or is just a weird coincidence....It's something I read recently, so take it as you will (and I may miss some of the specifics)..but in Roman mythology, Terminus was the god of boundaries/boundary markers, and human sacrifices were made to him to sanctify each boundary stone. Gifts of human bones and blood (I'm guessing from the sacrifices), candles, honeycombs and other "special" things were laid on the boundary stones as an offering.

I can't find the article that I read this from , but it had some pretty neat speculations about Terminus/TWD/The Hunters and season 5. If I come across it again I'll post the link.
That's a very good point! Because I don't know if they would / could insert cannibalism into the walking dead storyline, it's not that it wouldn't be riveting and lots of "shock and awe" factor for the audience, but I don't think the FCC would allow it.

So maybe that's what they are going with? A cult-type place ... Only time will tell :)

Not the hunters - it was Negan and his crew who killed Glenn in the comic, and who descend upon Alexandria. The hunters are that small group of five who stole and mutilated Dale when they were all staying with Gabriel at the church. Before they found Alexandria.

If Eli Roth plays Negan in the show, I will scream like a bloody fangirl.
Did you read that rumor too? He would be PERFECT as Negan. A sexy, sexy Negan.

Still hope Gabriel is who picked up Beth. I want to say maybe she wasn't so much kidnapped as scooped up by someone who THOUGHT they were rescuing her. I'm fairly positive she is not with Terminus. They don't seem to be the go out and get type. Just the lure and trap type.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Did you read that rumor too? He would be PERFECT as Negan. A sexy, sexy Negan.

Still hope Gabriel is who picked up Beth. I want to say maybe she wasn't so much kidnapped as scooped up by someone who THOUGHT they were rescuing her. I'm fairly positive she is not with Terminus. They don't seem to be the go out and get type. Just the lure and trap type.
There is also some new character named "gareth" that might have picked her up, some people think Gabriel is the one who picked her up.

It's funny that after all the stuff that happened the one thing everyone is debating is what happened to Beth :p

There is also some new character named "gareth" that might have picked her up, some people think Gabriel is the one who picked her up.

It's funny that after all the stuff that happened the one thing everyone is debating is what happened to Beth :p
Gareth is the main dude from Terminus. I don't think he picked her up, they don't seem like the scouting time. They've compared him to Chris from the Hunters in the comics, which I think he's a combination of, but I don't think he's meant to be Gabriel at all. I would be a wee bit excited if the actual Gabriel picked her up.

milos_mommy

I don't think Beth is at Terminus (and Gareth wouldn't have picked her up), but I got the kidnapping vibe from the last time we saw her. also, if it was a rescue, why wouldn't they have stopped for Daryl? They would have seen him running after the car.

Cannibalism isn't any worse than other stuff they've shown. I'd be shocked if that wasn't what Terminus was about.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't think she got kidnapped either, but in the dark and in the may lay of everything, maybe they didn't see Daryl? Maybe they thought he was a walker? In the dark I can understand how it would be hard to tell.

But OTOH, there was her pack on the ground, which adds to the possibility that she might have been kidnapped because the first time someone is going to do if they are getting into a car is toss their pack in first (at least that's what I do) unless a walker grabbed it or something or she lost her grip on it.

Whatever happened, she is fortunate she didn't continue with Daryl because she would have run into the Hunters and we all know how that would have gone :/

Members online

No members online now.