Update

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
Well, I have been poking around here again since I found the most recent Laekenois question through a Google search. Back in 2009 I posted about my boy, Balto the Magnificent. He is still magnificent and the best dog in the world. http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98959

I mentioned in the above thread that I wanted another Laekenois, and I looked, and got on waiting lists, and just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So, I switched my breed and 6 months later I was flying to The Netherlands for my youngest pup, Boaz. (I hope the photo isn't too big. I can't adjust anything from work because of internet blocks.) I call him my Hunky Monkey. He is almost 3 years old now and so sweet. He is my first conformation dog, so I learned a lot about that. We start showing in AKC conformation next month in NC. I also do agility and obedience with him. I would do more, but I have 2 other dogs that need my attention, also. :doh:

Oops...I forgot to mention he's a short-hair Dutch Shepherd. :doh: again!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome back to Chaz!

Love the pic of your family; they are all so adorable!

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
Sorry, I changed the photo to one of the whole gang because I liked it better.

I'm showing my Dutch Shepherd, Boaz, in conformation. (He's my only conformation dog.) He has his UKC Champion, so I'm finished with UKC. Next month he starts showing in AKC conformation. His conformation isn't perfect but it's really good. Once he starts showing against the really nice Dutch Shepherds it will be more difficult to get points. But I will still show him because that's a big part of the criteria that AKC uses to decide to advance a breed.

(Sometimes I think my Malinois looks like an alien.)

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
The show is in Charlotte on September 29th. I'm in Cincinnati. It's a long drive, but Open Shows are pretty scarce. There are going to be some long-hair DS and my short-hair.

jenv101

Bite Club
Welcome back - love your dogs :) Your Mal does kinda look like an alien compared to the other two LOL So cute though! Good luck with the show!

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I'll post some photos tomorrow. ;)

Yeah, my Malinois is something else. Still, very sweet, but there's something about that little brain of hers.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Are Dutchies in the FSS now? How do you show them?

And, welcome! I think I've seen you in other Belgian forums and lists.

jenv101

Bite Club
I saw something about this not too long ago - finally tracked it down:

"We are pleased to annouce that the Dutch Shepherd was accepted into the American Kennel Club's Foundation Stock Service (FSS) program on April 8, 2012.
At present there are 54 Dutch Shepherds entered into the FSS database from across the USA and Canada."

http://www.dscna.com/

They are also recognized by UKC too I believe.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
The FSS breeds can now be shown in AKC Open Shows that allow FSS breeds. This is relatively new. However, no Champion points are earned. The title is called "Certificate of Merit". Oh, and Majors are not required. That would make it very difficult.

Members online

No members online now.