Malamutes and Drool?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok i have noticed this about Pakak since day one..... HE IS A DROOL MACHINE!!!! I mean he creates lakes lol. Ok its not that bad but worse then any of my other dogs. As some of you may know i have hardwood floors through out most of my house and you can definatly tell where Pakak has napped (aka dried drool puddles lol). Ok im just wondering and i think im going on a good assumption here but do Alaskan Malamutes drool alot in general or is Pakak is weird? Im just wondering if this is a breed trait. Puddlles airn't fun :rolleyes: .

I don't know how it is with Mals, but I've noticed with the Filas that as they grow up the drooling pretty much stops, unless they're hot or someone mentions cookies, lol.

Ha ha! This little exchange was too funny. :)

I know a pit who drools like a faucet. I think it's just one of those things. Some dogs got it, some dogs don't. He may grow out of it as he grows into his face.

Did you know the hangy upper lips where the whiskers grow are called "flews"? Dogs with loose flews tend to drool, while those with tight flews don't. There's your doggy trivia for the evening.

Members online