Pictures you really like and why

Dekka

Just try me..
As per a chat conversation.

The deal..

post a picture or two of pics you really like and why. If you have taken lots you like just post a couple and then let a few others post ;).

Comments and polite critiques are fantastic. Let others know what you really like, how you think it could be improved and anything else. We have some amazing photogs here on chaz (even some who don't think they are as good as they are)

ready

set

GO!!!

Dekka

Just try me..
This is my first submission

_IGP8559 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr

I like this one as I like the framing of the Mom's neck and the foal peaking out. The texture of the mane makes me happy. Sadly I don't like the background (not much I can do, its Ontario in the early spring) but at least its very out of focus.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
As the convo was mine..

I plan on having these pics made into 16x20 gallery wrapped canvases.

One of these two that are near identical

And one from the trip

Would need to be recropped..

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I know pretty much nothing about photography, but this is one picture I took over the summer while visiting my parents. It's less "scientific" than many of the others in my butterfly series, which tend to be more for identifying various species and where I see them, but something about the motion and color just makes my heart warm -- perhaps it's just the memory of a weekend "home" for the first time in a year.

Dekka

Just try me..
Oh Shai that IS a very pretty picture! I have no memories, but the colours are fantastic and warm me :)

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I know pretty much nothing about photography, but this is one picture I took over the summer while visiting my parents. It's less "scientific" than many of the others in my butterfly series, which tend to be more for identifying various species and where I see them, but something about the motion and color just makes my heart warm -- perhaps it's just the memory of a weekend "home" for the first time in a year.

This is beautiful.
Perfect colors!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
A couple of my favs...

These two purely because of the studio aspect, they were a lot of fun to take. :)

These next two purely because of the interactions. This was Portland zoo a year ago.

Mt Charleston this year.

Dekka

Just try me..
Katie, I really like the first one, the depth is fun. The second one would be better if there was more definition on Abe's face. Love the wood texture though.

Adrienne.. that first one is hilarious!

A couple more from me ;)

_IGP3424 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr

One of my all time fave pics. I love the colour of the whole picture, so warm. The way the light hits her eye is fantastic ;)

_IGP2436 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr
I like the feel of this one. It makes me sad, due to the subject being Kat. It has an ominous feel in b/w.

_IGP8276 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr
how sharp and the lighting, LOVE the sharpness and way the light plays on the textuer of Dekka's wet fur and the rough rocks.

(don't forget to say WHY you love these pics... I find that as interesting as the pics themselves)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Katie, I really like the first one, the depth is fun. The second one would be better if there was more definition on Abe's face. Love the wood texture though.

Adrienne.. that first one is hilarious!

A couple more from me ;)

_IGP3424 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr
This one is beyond my favorite! amazing!! the colors and just wow!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I just really love this picture. It was one of my first days with Romeo and it was such a random shot. I called him over and he just ran! The look on his face is I think why it's my favorite..

Another one of my favorites. This is Dallas, one of the puppies I rescued. we were wrestling over my camera strap. This was the first time these little guys were really strong and the first time I could really play with them. I remember feeling him pulling on it and thinking "wow..they've really grown up"

and a butterlfy I saw at Keywest. I just love that you can see his little eyes and details of him

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
This one just turned out well, i love the colours and the sassy look she's given me. It's also shot in manual which is hard for me because i have poor vision so sometimes something LOOKS focused when i take it then i get it into lightroom and it's a mess.

Does my butt look big? by mandypug, on Flickr

This one isn't the best, but it just shows my silly Pug well.

Dekka

Just try me..
Fran, that adorable pic of Romeo with a little cropping and white balance makes him pop more... (though looking at it now I over balanced it.. that is waht I get for snacking and photo maniping)

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Well, I'm a terrible photographer, even though I really like it. And I don't have any editing things and I wouldn't know what to do with one if I did, but here are my favorites :)

Its so... Sign! And its actually somewhat in focus too.

And this isn't clear, but if it was, I would love it even more. This is her at the dog park. She sniffs things, and looks on disdainfully as other dogs play.

And I just like this picture. There's enough shadow so she doesn't look like a black blob. Which is always a plus

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I guess if we're doing pet photos, my favorite recent pic of each dog is probably...

Kim -- It's not the nicest shot...looks pretty washed out to my eye, etc. But it's so Kim...

Webby -- Being so very Webster (in terms of group setting). Pretending the playing-yet-again girls don't exist, but also making sure they aren't headed his way. And it shows off his wingspan. He's a very different dog by himself, but this photo just makes me laugh.

Mira -- There are a lot of shots of Mira I like, but in terms of quality + personality shining through, I think this one is my favorite. The bear is probably a little washed out but that's the sacrifice I had to make to get Black Dog to not be a 2D blob.

Dekka

Just try me..
It doesn't have to be pet pics, just it seems most of us take pet pics lol.

SaraB

Love looking at everyone's pictures, there are all soooo good.

Here's a few of mine..

I love the colors on this one, I love Classic's expression and the theme..

This one cracks me up... it's a little washed out, but I love her expression.

Apparently I'm big on the expressions of the dogs in the pictures... this is one seriously makes me laugh everytime I look at it.

And my last fav....

Dekka

Just try me..
Um some non animal pics (I swear I have many lol.. I really want others to keep posting, but I can keep this thread going all by myself for a while lol)

Reflections

_IGP8277 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr

Film set on Georgian Bay I like the pic, but not the way the colours turned out (but hey its not an animal lol)

_IGP8231 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr

I really like this one, its hubby's old tractor. I like how the black and white doesn't look washed out.

tractor2 by ~Dekka~, on Flickr

I just like this one. I think the buds of these sunflowers are so neat looking and when I was taking it I was just thinking how my first thought was to take a picture of the flower but that the little green thing was much neater looking.

IMG_5545 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

This picture just makes me happy. It's such a Traveler expression going on and I love the speckled light from the trees. And it's just joyful

6067321744_938d576496_o by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

This one of Calypso has always been one of my favorites. It's just such a bird expression "Hey guys! What are you doing?!" And the blue wall behind him just makes his orange and yellow jump out all that more

IMG_1447 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Pretty much I just think it's pretty. I like the ripples in the water, it makes me feel like summer and I like how the background is tippy.

IMG_1831 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And this one just gives me warm fuzzies inside. Seems almost mystical and just serene.

IMG_7618 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Members online