What breed is this pup?

haygrif

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but have been dying to find out what type of dog I've got, and figured posting her pic up for lots of dog savvy folks would be my best bet (besides an expensive DNA test, anyway :)

I'm a dog trainer and have quite a bit of experience with breeds, and when I first met this dog the first thing that popped into my head was "Border Collie," despite her coloring. She doesn't fit the red & white bicolor, or even red merle profiles (I've done tons of Google image searches, to no avail). But her body shape, her very light weight, the curl of her tail, the gait of her walk all scream Border Collie. Is it possible to have a purebred with these markings? Other suggestions I've gotten have been Aussie Shepherd, Aussie Cattle Dog ("Red Heeler"), some sort of herding dog mix, etc.

P.S. she's around 5-6 months old.

Tell me what you think! Thanks.

BostonBanker

Ditto the BC/ACD. though call me crazy but I almost see a bit of retriever in there too.
Not crazy at all. Golden was actually the first thing that popped into my head when I glanced. It's something in the face. I would have gone with ACD/Golden. Or maybe 1/2 ACD, 1/4 Golden 1/4 BC. Something along those lines.

Members online

No members online now.