The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm pretty sure I'm sick... first time I've been sick in almost two years if so. I've had a few days where I felt really crappy but never actually gotten sick, and the next day I bounce back and am just fine. I took some Sudafed a little while ago, but my neck feels swollen and it hurts. I can't breathe very well. And Sudafed typically tears up my stomach too, so now I'm starting to feel some GI grossness. Presumably it's because of the Sudafed and not actually like... flu-symptoms...

Dr. Google says obviously I have thyroid cancer.

I really just want to go back to bed.

ETA: and also I want chicken nuggets. How did chicken nuggets become my comfort food? Whenever things are bad I'm like =< =< chicken nuggets... Like of all things I can't eat anymore? CHICKEN NUGGETS? Why??

ACooper

Awe :( Feel better Beanie.

As for chicken nuggets....I much prefer to order sweet and sour chicken (from our local chinese take out) and just eat the "chicken nuggets" that come with. IDK why, but it tastes a million times better to me than actual "nuggets" ....my boys joke it's because it's CAT and not chicken, but either way it's YUMMY (and still horribly unhealthy for you!)

There is an older gentleman who lives in a big house down at the end of the road. He has a few tenants that rent out a few rooms, or maybe he has full apartments back there. I'm not really sure.

Earlier this summer I had a few days in a row where the gentleman that owns the property had his dog come to visit and brought along a tenant's dog. I grabbed the dog that would hold still the longest, called the number on his tag and got the older gentleman. He came and gathered the two dogs up. About 20 minutes later, they were back up at the house.

The next day, I loaded both dogs into my car about a quarter of a mile from my house and called the tenant and told her, "Hey, this is the 2nd day in a row I've had to call to get these guys. Today, they were in the middle of the road about a quarter mile away." She seemed to take it seriously and I hadn't seen them again. That was until Saturday.

Saturday AM, I get up and am talking to my sister on the phone and go to take Hudson out and am greeted by the two dogs. Hudson immediately gets thrown inside (The older man's dog is a little guardy of the toys in the yard. The other dog doesn't mind, but I think Hudson would take offense) and I start calling the phone numbers on the tag. The tenant's number goes to VM, so I call the older gentleman. He comes down and picks them up, then goes and tells me a story about how when he had Great Pyreanese, he let them roam all over town and never once had an issue. I'm sorry, dude, but this isn't the same town it was 30 years ago. One of these dogs will get hit on the road. They are also not large white dogs. One is a small pit-type and the other is a greyhound. Both dark colored and blend in splendidly with everything. Later that day, the tenant called and said, "Hey, I had a missed call from this number." I told her that her dog was visiting, but the older man picked them up.

Sunday, Hudson starts barking and I look out the window. They're back. My husband and I watch them from inside the house, hoping that they would turn for home. After watching the greyhound dart out in front of a truck and skid to a stop seconds before an accident, I call the owner up. She comes and picks up the two dogs. I told her that I looked out the window because I heard a car honk and her dog was in the middle of the road.

Today, I get home from work, take Hudson out, come in to check FB & Chaz and what not, when Hudson jumps off the chair and starts barking. I knew what I was going to see. Sure enough, both of the dogs are back. I call the tenant up and say, "Hey the dogs are back at my house." She thanks me and tells me that it's just her and her dog and he is all she has.

They are both super sweet dog, I would hate it if something happened to either of them that I could have prevented by calling up the owners, but seriously lady. If he is all you have, keep him contained! Keep him safe. I'm doing my best, but I shouldn't have to. Do your job as a dog owner, please.

Airn

There is an older gentleman who lives in a big house down at the end of the road. He has a few tenants that rent out a few rooms, or maybe he has full apartments back there. I'm not really sure.

Earlier this summer I had a few days in a row where the gentleman that owns the property had his dog come to visit and brought along a tenant's dog. I grabbed the dog that would hold still the longest, called the number on his tag and got the older gentleman. He came and gathered the two dogs up. About 20 minutes later, they were back up at the house.

The next day, I loaded both dogs into my car about a quarter of a mile from my house and called the tenant and told her, "Hey, this is the 2nd day in a row I've had to call to get these guys. Today, they were in the middle of the road about a quarter mile away." She seemed to take it seriously and I hadn't seen them again. That was until Saturday.

Saturday AM, I get up and am talking to my sister on the phone and go to take Hudson out and am greeted by the two dogs. Hudson immediately gets thrown inside (The older man's dog is a little guardy of the toys in the yard. The other dog doesn't mind, but I think Hudson would take offense) and I start calling the phone numbers on the tag. The tenant's number goes to VM, so I call the older gentleman. He comes down and picks them up, then goes and tells me a story about how when he had Great Pyreanese, he let them roam all over town and never once had an issue. I'm sorry, dude, but this isn't the same town it was 30 years ago. One of these dogs will get hit on the road. They are also not large white dogs. One is a small pit-type and the other is a greyhound. Both dark colored and blend in splendidly with everything. Later that day, the tenant called and said, "Hey, I had a missed call from this number." I told her that her dog was visiting, but the older man picked them up.

Sunday, Hudson starts barking and I look out the window. They're back. My husband and I watch them from inside the house, hoping that they would turn for home. After watching the greyhound dart out in front of a truck and skid to a stop seconds before an accident, I call the owner up. She comes and picks up the two dogs. I told her that I looked out the window because I heard a car honk and her dog was in the middle of the road.

Today, I get home from work, take Hudson out, come in to check FB & Chaz and what not, when Hudson jumps off the chair and starts barking. I knew what I was going to see. Sure enough, both of the dogs are back. I call the tenant up and say, "Hey the dogs are back at my house." She thanks me and tells me that it's just her and her dog and he is all she has.

They are both super sweet dog, I would hate it if something happened to either of them that I could have prevented by calling up the owners, but seriously lady. If he is all you have, keep him contained! Keep him safe. I'm doing my best, but I shouldn't have to. Do your job as a dog owner, please.
Jesus. Next time I'd be calling animal control.

MicksMom

... I took some Sudafed a little while ago, but my neck feels swollen and it hurts. I can't breathe very well. And Sudafed typically tears up my stomach too, so now I'm starting to feel some GI grossness...
You know that Sudafed is almost all Acetaminophen, right? Could that be what's causing the GI issues?

Jesus. Next time I'd be calling animal control.
Me, too. As long as you keep calling them, they aren't going to do anything. But maybe paying a fee to bail the dogs out of the pound will do something. Went through that plenty of times when we lived at camp.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
You know that Sudafed is almost all Acetaminophen, right? Could that be what's causing the GI issues?
Uh... no... Sudafed is a brand name and they makes some specialized products that do contain Acetaminophen, but their basic product is Pseudoephedrine, a decongestant. If it's just plain old "Sudafed 12 Hour" or whatever, it doesn't have any acetaminophen at all. Some of the specialized formulas for congestion +pain do have acetaminophen, though.

Saeleofu

I'm so sick of healthcare.gov and their lying bots. I just want to fill out the freaking application. I have submitted identifying documentation 4 if not 5 times now and still NOTHING despite being told "We'll have someone call or email you in 4-8 business days!" That was weeks ago.

Last time I asked if I could be emailed instead of called (since I have autism), it was all "Sure!" This time it's "Um, maybe. But no guarantees." And they need a good time to call me during business hours. I WORK/HAVE SCHOOL 7-5 WITH A 30 MINUTE LUNCH. THERE IS NO GOOD TIME DURING BUSINESS HOURS. Leave a freaking voicemail if you need to, it's no that hard. Better yet, EMAIL ME.

Today I can't even log in. This is getting worse, not better.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My car registration expired Sept 30 (also the same day my transmission broke funny enough). Anyways. I renewed it online at the DMV website and still have yet to have my new registration show up in the mail. My stickers are expired on my car. I have temp proof that I bought a new registration but I also got a new license plate number so my new one that is in the system does not match what is on my car. So frustrated and calling them is about as annoying as going to the dmv.

MicksMom

Uh... no... Sudafed is a brand name and they makes some specialized products that do contain Acetaminophen, but their basic product is Pseudoephedrine, a decongestant. If it's just plain old "Sudafed 12 Hour" or whatever, it doesn't have any acetaminophen at all. Some of the specialized formulas for congestion +pain do have acetaminophen, though.
You might want to check again. :) I looked at the ingredient list of just plain Sudafed a few months ago, as well as plain Pseudoephedrine. Both were almost all Acetaminophen. That's why I stopped taking it.

Saeleofu

You might want to check again. :) I looked at the ingredient list of just plain Sudafed a few months ago, as well as plain Pseudoephedrine. Both were almost all Acetaminophen. That's why I stopped taking it.
http://www.sudafed.com/products/adult/sinus-congestion/sudafed-12-hour#Ingredients

Ingredients
Active Ingredient (in each tablet)
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
candelilla wax, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, talc, titanium dioxide

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I think you need to check again.

This is what I took:

http://www.sudafed.com/products/adult/sinus-congestion/sudafed-24-hour

Ingredients
Pseudoephedrine HCl 240 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
cellulose triacetate, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium chloride, and titanium dioxide

No acetaminophen at all.

The Sudafed + Pain has naproxen sodium (Aleve.) Not acetaminophen.
The Sudafed PE + Pain, however, DOES have acetaminophen. But the PE is also no more effective at relieving sinus symptoms than a placebo, so I get the real stuff.

Stomach upset is one of the most common side-effects of pseudoephedrine.

So I'm pretty sure it's the pseudoephedrine I took that made me sick to my stomach. Although I suppose any of those inactive ingredients could theoretically do the same.

MicksMom

http://www.sudafed.com/products/adult/sinus-congestion/sudafed-12-hour#Ingredients

Ingredients
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg
Purpose
Nasal decongestant

Inactive Ingredients
candelilla wax, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac, talc, titanium dioxide
Scratching my head here- that certainly doesn't match what I read on the box. Weird.

Saeleofu

Scratching my head here- that certainly doesn't match what I read on the box. Weird.
If you picked a box up off the shelf at a store, it wasn't original Sudafed. It was the "shelf safe" version with different ingredients. Actual original Sudafed has to come from the pharmacy counter.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Went to the ER today. Had really bad abdominal pain near my naval on the right side, was pretty convinced it was appendicitis.

Four hours later... it's a ovarian cyst. Kill me now if these start becoming more common. At least it doesn't hurt anymore.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Blaaah. I never get sick but I've been sick the last couple days. I have so much school work to do but so far I haven't really been able to get out of bed. :(

MicksMom

If you picked a box up off the shelf at a store, it wasn't original Sudafed. It was the "shelf safe" version with different ingredients. Actual original Sudafed has to come from the pharmacy counter.
Aaaa! That's it exactly. So, in order to get just plain Sudafed for allergy relief, I have to pay for a doctor's visit then pay full price for the prescription since there is an OTC version available. What a racket! Guess I'll just stick with Claritin since it doesn't have Acetaminophen in it.

DJEtzel

Aaaa! That's it exactly. So, in order to get just plain Sudafed for allergy relief, I have to pay for a doctor's visit then pay full price for the prescription since there is an OTC version available. What a racket! Guess I'll just stick with Claritin since it doesn't have Acetaminophen in it.
I don't get sick much or know a lot about pharmacies and drugs, but I'm fairly positive they just KEEP the sudafed, Claritin, Etc behind the pharmacy counter with certain ingredients in them that can be used to make illegal drugs, because they want to ID and monitor how many are going to whom- which they limit iirc.

So... No prescription necessary, just stored somewhere else- like cigarettes. Right?

Members online

No members online now.