Finnegan is four.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
This is, of course, hard to believe.

It always is, isn't it? Another year passes, you realize what day it is and think "huh."

I'll bypass on most of the usual cheese, but given that today is also American Thanksgiving (happy turkey day, guys!) I figured I would just list a few things I'm thankful for in Finnegan.

• Those days when I come home from work tired, sore, and sometimes stressed. He greets me with that happy energy. I put my feet up for a bit and he sits comfortably with me, or gets a ball for me to throw from the couch. After awhile, he bugs me for a walk. I hem and haw and make excuses to him, but he eventually gets the better of me, every time. And once we're out there, him exploring happily on a loose leash and me breathing in the fresh air, I'm reminded that he seems to always know what's best for me.
  • When we're working on shaping new behaviours or tricks, and he's so into it. The cogs turn as he places a paw correctly or motions in the right direction. I click and his eyes light up. We bond during these times. I wouldn't trade them for the world.
  • Lastly, those nights where life just overwhelms me and I feel I cannot take much more (which is often lately, where home life is concerned). Finnegan reads me. He feels the anxiety. Instead of fretting along with me, he becomes protective, providing a warm fluffy mass to hold onto and kisses when needed. On those nights especially, I wonder how I ever would have fared without him.

Happy birthday little man. You're silly, offbeat, and a bit of a weirdo. And so am I. That's why I love you.

Now what everyone came here for: The puppy retrospective.

-MORE-

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
He was and is so cute. One seriously good-looking dog. And sounds like he is perfect for you too :)

Toller_08

Happy Birthday, Finn!! It always amazes me how quickly all of our chaz dogs grow up. He's grown up into such a handsome guy and he sounds like he was made for you. :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Oy I can't believe he is that old already, he has turned into such a goofy little gentleman :) and what a perfect birthday message

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Happy Birthday, Finn! :D You're still as handsome as ever!

I always forget until this week of the year that Morgan and Finn's birthdays are so close together. Morgan-boy turned five yesterday.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Awww thanks everyone. <3 I got all mushy reading the replies.

The day was mellow and enjoyable. Took him on a hike in Billings Estate before work, and we did some disc foundation work in the field. He seems to be catching on to it.

I brought home some goodies from work for both dogs: Some leftover Thanksgiving cookies, a bully stick each, a Planet Dog artichoke and a new JW gummy bear to replace his old one that the lawnmower ate (oops).

Spent the evening with the dogs watching movies, knitting and snuggling on the couch. <3

Members online

No members online now.