I found Emma a New Home, Then bursted into Tears...

Well, my mom and I took in 3 beagle pups when they were 12weeks old, the lady who had them her illness got really bad, so we promised to find them good family homes. We worked with them and played with them, I promised myself I wouldn't get attached to none, because I knew we couldn't keep them. I got attached to Emma, I promised myself when we found a home for any of them I would be alright with it, needlesstosay I wasn't. I had an older guy call me lastnight he told me he seen my ad I posted and Loved the picture of Emma. He also told me about his mini schnauzer he had for 14 yrs until a month ago, when he took her to the vet and found out she had some bad stomach problems and the surgery would costs him over $700. Well he didn't have that kind of money and she was just in pain, so he had her put to sleep. As he's telling me this on the phone he was crying, I almost started crying just listening to him. He said he wanted another dog and now days the prices are so high, he couldn't afford it on his disability checks.

I honestly wasn't really sure about it all. But then he was here looking at Emma, I knew he wasn't lying, (cause on the phone anyone can say anything). He started talking about his schnauzer again he started crying and I felt so bad. But he was playing with Emma and she was so happy, she loved him so it made it a little easier that she was going to a good home. He wasn't even out of the driveway and I was crying. I know she got a good home, I also knew there was no way that I wasn't going to get attached to her. I miss her =( But the best part is that she was happy with him and he was really happy with her. Sorry so long I think I just needed to get it out.

It's hard to see them go to new homes, but Emma sure sounds like she is filling a sad, empty heart. That's just what every dog really wants, I think - to fill someone's heart.

Yeah, I could tell she was. She was happy and so was he. I know she got a good home. =) It was just hard letting go of her. But I know she's being spoiled. So it makes it a little easier letting go.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You did such a good thing, i hope he stays in contact with you and sends a photo now and then. Are you close enough to stay in contact?
Of all the dogs I have "fostered" when i saw them later on down the road they had not forgotten me. I am sure Emma has your scent downloaded in the special place of her mind....a good scent and a good memory

bogolove

I know that must have been so hard, but you did a wonderful thing. I am sure she will be very happy and hopefully you will get to see her again.

Yeah, he only lives about 30 minutes from us. I know I can see her whenever I want, but I think if I did that I would just want her back even more *lol* I know she has a loving home, just seeing how happy she was when that guy was holding her and seeing h ow happy he was, it makes it all worth it. That was one of the hardest things, letting go of her, I only had her for about 2 months, but still it felt like eternity. We were asking $50.00 for her, but when the guy came here, he was a older man, on disability, he was a sweetie, I told him to keep the money and get her shots and license. He started crying again and gave me a hug. Emma getting a loving home was far more important then $50 bucks. I'm just happy he wanted her, and she wanted him. It was worth it. Still miss her like crazy tho *lol*

It sounds as tho it is a match made in heaven! You are a wonderful, caring person who gave Emma the great start she needed so that she would be exactly what that gentleman needed to soften his recent loss and bring joy back into his life. :)

I can imagine how hard that must've been for youl. She was very lucky to have someone as nice as you to take good care of her until she found a permanent, loving home. :)

What a wonderful thing for you to do. Like everyone else has said, I know it is difficult to give up a pet when you get so emotionally attached. Emma looks and sounds like she's a sweetie and it is great to know that one more pet is going to be loved not by one, but by two different people!

Oh!! I can see how you - and the gentleman - fell in love with that face. That expression reminds me of one Kharma has when she is being especially loving and sweet.

You know, since they live somewhat close to you, and this gentleman sounds like he's a lonely soul, it might be nice for you and your Mom to stop and see him and Emma once in awhile, and since he's disabled, drop off a bag of treats or a toy for Emma and maybe a little treat for him. You never know when you're being presented with the gift of being able to bring some unexpected light and small happiness into another life.

Members online

No members online now.