Got a question

Doggynook

Hi ,

I have a dog named Jasper a golden ret. mix and I have a problem with him that maybe already was discussed here, but since I am new in here I thought I would ask..Jasper likes to eat his own poop everytime I take him out. BUT he will only eat what he did earlier in the day. not what he just did...Is this normal? and what can I do to stop it??

Thank you so much for your help.

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Doggynook said:
Hi ,

I have a dog named Jasper a golden ret. mix and I have a problem with him that maybe already was discussed here, but since I am new in here I thought I would ask..Jasper likes to eat his own poop everytime I take him out. BUT he will only eat what he did earlier in the day. not what he just did...Is this normal? and what can I do to stop it??

Thank you so much for your help.

As to your question, yes, it's normal for some dogs to eat their poop.... it happens for various reasons ... boredom is one of them. My 10-month old GSD used to do it when he was 2-3 months old and he just stopped. Although he did it about a week ago for the first time in about 7-8 month. I guess he was trying to hide evidence that he did it in the garage.

How old is Jasper ? and what are you feeding him ?

Doggynook

Hi, Jasper is now almost 5 and he eats a normal diet of kibbles and bits and NO table scraps of any kind.I guess he could be bored as my husband and I work full time so he is in the home until 3:00 each day..Could that be the reason? Is there anything I could feed him differently?

Thanks soo much for answering my question!!

CanadianK9

Coprophagia is common in dogs and can be the result of undernurishment, boredom, obsessive behaviour, and is common in recently breeded female dogs

Kibbles and bits is not exactly the best food either I would reccomend a better food. Such as Canidae, Nutro, Holistic Blend or an equally better quality food.

Get back to us and keep us informed

Doggynook

Hi,

You said that Kibbles and Bits was not a good food for my dog? why is that?? and what is a good food with everything Jasper will need??

Thanks so much!

Members online

No members online now.