Morgan and his friend, Margie

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
We were puppy-sitting last weekend. Margie belongs to some good friends of mine. She is a 4-month old boxer/hound mix. They got her from the same shelter where we adopted Morgan. She is a real cutie! And definitely full of that good ol' puppy energy. LOL!

So anyways, we got out the doggie pool and let Morgan and Margie run around in the newly fenced backyard! They had a blast, as you will see in the photos.

Bear with me... there are 30 pictures here to share!

This is pretty much what they did the entire time:

LOL!!!

Ooops! Caught her in mid-trip. Poor thing!

Pool break!

This picture isn't very good, but I really like it anyways for some reason.

Margie is sooooooooo cute!

*MORE*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
LOL!!!

Heeeeeeere comes Margie!

She looks so proud of herself.

More running running running

Pool time again!

*MORE*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Moooommmmm... she's in my pool.

Blowing bubbles together.

*splish splash*

Owwwww... she's got my ear!

I definitely see some hound dog in her.

We tired.

Rawr!

Back to running...

BOING!

*DONE!*

Hope you liked them!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Margie has some flip-flap flying ears! LOL! And I love the we tired pic! Morgan is gorgeous as usual!

mjb

Great.

My son was standing looking over my shoulder at the series of pictures. He laughed out loud at the TIRED picture!!:D

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I'm glad everybody likes them! I giggle at a lot of those photos, too. :D Margie's ears are epic. LOL!!!

I think Morgan slept for three days straight after Margie's visit. :lol-sign: He was very tired. :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Nothing better than a play date. Loved your pics.:)

MissMutt

Aw, Margie is adorable. What big ears for such a little dog.

Your Morgan is quite handsome, too. Reminds me of my dog a bit. What breed/mix is he?

Great shots!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Thanks everybody! :D

Your Morgan is quite handsome, too. Reminds me of my dog a bit. What breed/mix is he?
We aren't really sure what he is. The shelter had him listed just as a Labrador Retriever mix. He was only 10 weeks old when we adopted him, so there was really no way to be sure by looking at him then.

Now that he's older, our vet thinks he's part Rhodesian Ridgeback, and after some research on the breed, I believe it. He gets a ridge when he's really excited, and his face is very similar to those of the RRs I've seen. He also has quite a few hound-y mannerisms.

But he's much smaller (52lbs) than the average Lab or RR, so I also think he's got some smaller breed in there, as well... probably APBT. He stands like a bully breed, has a little underbite, and APBTs are relatively common around here.

So that's my best guess... Lab/Rhodesian/APBT. I'm probably still way off, so I generally still just tell people "Lab Mix". :p

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
What great pics. How do you get them to get in the pool? Mine just look at the water like it might bite them or something. LOL

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
nice pictures!

I love morgans colouring.. he's patterned like a skunk. :lol-sign:
His colors are pretty fun. :) The line down his back is a lot more obvious in the sun!

What great pics. How do you get them to get in the pool? Mine just look at the water like it might bite them or something. LOL
Margie just jumped right in. Lol!

Morgan was a little more hesitant. I stood in the pool at first, and just baby talked him into trying it out. I think I put his tennis ball in there, too. He figured it out from there. :D Sometimes they just need time!

Members online