Foster dog roundup!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Right now I have Lexi, a 2y/o (age mostly known) Pit x Sighthound (guess) mix. She has been with me for less than 24 hrs - I took her from an instructor of a seminar I was at over the weekend to place privately. She was a SD prospect wash out, from a shelter in Yonkers, NY.

Let's not talk about failing, ok? I have a pretty good track record, so far. ;)

Untitled by DJetzel, on Flickr
Do you have a sideview of Lexi? She reminds me a lot of Roxie!!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Oh my god. She's like Roxie's little sister!! Oooh, if only Lexi were a boy, I think I would have to adopt her!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
why don't you want another girl!? ;)
Roxie doesn't like other girls :( And she's not the kind of dog that would do well in a C&R set up because she's so velcro. Maybe if Lexi was a bump on a log Roxie (she's better at ignoring girls that just lay around) would do fine with her, but sounds/looks to me like Lexi is a lot like Roxer. It's breaking my heart, I'd love another Roxie lol.

I really hope she gets a good home soon. Or you keep her :) That is also a very good idea!

DJEtzel

Roxie doesn't like other girls :( And she's not the kind of dog that would do well in a C&R set up because she's so velcro. Maybe if Lexi was a bump on a log Roxie (she's better at ignoring girls that just lay around) would do fine with her, but sounds/looks to me like Lexi is a lot like Roxer. It's breaking my heart, I'd love another Roxie lol.

I really hope she gets a good home soon. Or you keep her :) That is also a very good idea!
Awh, ****! Lexi is pretty rambunctious and frenetic around the house currently... we are working on relaxation protocol and not destroying stuffies! ;) She is super calm around the dogs though, which is nice. That video taken outside was less than a minute after I introduced them, so you can see how accepting and calm she is with them.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Awh, ****! Lexi is pretty rambunctious and frenetic around the house currently... we are working on relaxation protocol and not destroying stuffies! ;) She is super calm around the dogs though, which is nice. That video taken outside was less than a minute after I introduced them, so you can see how accepting and calm she is with them.
She sounds like a really awesome dog. I really wish I could just flip a switch and Roxie would magically like other girl dogs (or turn Lexi into a boy, haha). You have no idea how much I want Lexi. She is SO adorable! She looks just like Roxie, with a different coat. And she sounds like she's Roxie's twin, lol. They would be so much fun together.

DJEtzel

She sounds like a really awesome dog. I really wish I could just flip a switch and Roxie would magically like other girl dogs (or turn Lexi into a boy, haha). You have no idea how much I want Lexi. She is SO adorable! She looks just like Roxie, with a different coat. And she sounds like she's Roxie's twin, lol. They would be so much fun together.
If Roxie changes her mind, you let me know. And if Lexi becomes a boy or a couch potato, I will let you know. :p

crazedACD

Right now I have Lexi, a 2y/o (age mostly known) Pit x Sighthound (guess) mix. She has been with me for less than 24 hrs - I took her from an instructor of a seminar I was at over the weekend to place privately. She was a SD prospect wash out, from a shelter in Yonkers, NY.

Let's not talk about failing, ok? I have a pretty good track record, so far. ;)

Untitled by DJetzel, on Flickr
Oh, I think I remember her! If so she has been in the shelter system a long long time.

DJEtzel

Oh, I think I remember her! If so she has been in the shelter system a long long time.
I only glanced at paperwork for a minute. It was my understanding that she was pulled before she was a year old... She's been in her previous home for at least a year...

I could be wrong about Her age when she left the shelter though.

Members online

No members online now.