Well She's here

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Well i went and picked up the Pitbull from my sister today. She is absolutly adorable :p . She has the funniest ears as soon as i take some pics you will no what I mean. My sister gave her a bath and she is a pretty white and like my sister said has a cute cute little brown mustache around her mouth. She is pretty skinny not as skinny as I expected but pretty darn skinny. She seemed pretty good towards the other dogs when she got here but i took her right in the laundry room. I just want to keep her in there until I get her to the vet and make sure all is well with her health which i have made an appoitment on Friday for and my sister has agreed to pay for since she's nice enough to know money gets tight often around here. Anyways I made the laundry room into a nice "bedroom for her" with a crate with a doggy bed in it and some toys. She also hasent gone to the bathroom in the house yet and has had a fewoutside breaks on a leash and has gone then. She's a sweet quite girl and i have a feeling she may have a family so im going to make an extra effort to post on found pet boards and the found pets part of the newspaper and post some signs. I mean she's a pretty polite girl walks on a leash nicely knows how to sit and lay down and is just really sweet. She is so sweet infact that i have been calling her Babe lol.
Im hoping to get a camera and get some pics of her this weekend so you can see her sweet face :) . BTW she took to the Innova pretty well and I gave her a beef bone for the heck of it and she has been loving it.

bogolove

Oh, I hope she finds a loving home. She sounds so very sweet. What a perfect thing to call her, I like what you picked. I sincerely hope that everything goes well for her, and I have a feeling that with you as her guardian angel by her side, she will be just fine. I think that you are wonderful for helping her out.

And you never know, maybe she was sent to you for a reason. ;)

becca_4321

When I talked to the humane society about Kat the lady brought up something I hadnt thought about. For one she said with the cats if you run a ad in the paper to find the owner dont give any description of the cat because anyone can claim to be the owner and in this area they are finding people using cats to train the dogs for dog fights. You may want to do the same thing, make sure you dont describe this dog, make them describe it so you are certain it is truely their dog.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Anouther Update

Well she's doing really well still. She just ate her evening meal and I took her out on the leash for her to do her business and she did it nicely lol. She is just a wagging wiggling ball of white lol. She looks younger then a year even but im not sure yet. I figure when I go to the vet this friday with her I plan on asking my vet if he has heard of a lost pit and will also put up an ad for a found dog there. She is too sweet though and I think the name Babe is perfect for her until I find out wether she has a home or not. If she does have a loving home who lost her a while ago and has been missing her it would be great to bring her back to that kind of family. But if no one does ever claim her i will try my hardest and my best to find her the perfect home where i know she would always be safe and loved and cherished for the rest of her life. Im hoping no matter what i can get her a happy home.

It sounds like Babe is used to being a loved pet - she sounds like an absolute doll!

Checking with area vets is a good way to start finding her owners. I got a Basset baby back to her home that way. I found her wandering around in a Burger King parking lot one night, obviously lost (and even if she wasn't, she had no business being loose like that!) so I bundled her into the car with me and took her home. She had a recent spay scar, so when I started calling the vets in my area I mentioned the recent spaying. The third one I called had just done a spay on a 7 month old Basset a couple of weeks before. He contacted the owner of the dog that had been spayed, and sure enough, she had been missing for a week! She turned out to belong to a 28 year old recently widowed young mother and her four year old son. Someone had stolen her out of the chain link fenced yard. Where I found her was over ten miles away from home, and it was very apparent that she hadn't walked there on her own because her pads were still nice and soft, not rough and abused like a ten mile walk would leave them.

And what was really strange was that I'd been calling her Daisy - and that was her name!

I hope Babe's story turns out to be as happy! I know her life is already looking up since you and your sister have come into the story.

bogolove

Why would someone steal a dog out of a fenced area and then just drop it somewhere? Why would a person take a dog from it's loving home if they didn't really want it? I don't understand some people.

That is so crazy Renee, that you were calling her Daisy and that was her name. You were her angel guiding her back home. I am so glad that was a happy ending to that story. I hope Babe has just as happy of an ending and her home is found.

There were a lot of dog thefts going on here at that time. They were always young dogs and they were being taken up to Kentucky and sold. I think Daisy just managed to escape. I was so glad she got back to her little boy. He had been having an awful time and terrible loneliness after his father was killed, and a counselor suggested getting a dog. He had really begun to turn back into a happy little boy after getting Daisy, but his Mom said that when she disappeared he had just completely gone back into his shell; wouldn't communicate with anyone at all, wouldn't have anything to do with other kids and was terrified that he was going to lose his mommy too. The look on that child's face when he saw Daisy could have lit up the entire world. She was pretty happy to see him, too!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah I've considered that as a possibility of how she ended up on the streets. Speaking of dog theft I remember when i was a kid I had a best friend named Grace who had a Black Lab collie cross named Jade. They left her in their fenced in backyard one afternoon while they ran to the store. Not the smartest move to leave her outside but hey it happens. They used to have to use Jades leash to keep the door on the fenced in back yard closed because Jade knew how to nose the latch and get free. Well they got back from the store to find the leash and Jade gone..... Grace grieved for a couple years about her stolen dog. I just hate that people are that cold and heartless.

Members online

No members online now.