"The Grudge"

Saje

Island dweller
So, our Mikey, who most of you know about, LOVES to harrass the cats. He thinks they are so much fun to play with. Sometimes he gets a little rough with though and they turn on him. More than once we've rescued a slobbery cat.

Mini is one tough cookie. She's the reason that Maverick has a great deal of respect (fear) of cats. We had Mini first and when Maverick came along he too thought she was a great toy. Not for long! Tiny Mini taught him who was boss in know time. There was even an episode when Maverick was picking on Mini and hurt her (accidently and just a bit - no marks) and she went nuts! Steve didn't see it at all but when he went into the room where all the fuss was he had to pick each of Mini's claws out of Maverick's face as she hung there. They were fine. This story is just to illustrate that Mini is the boss! LOL

So, Mikey, who takes a little longer learning things, picks on the other two cats all the time but occassionally forgets and picks on Mini but she gets her revenge.

A couple days ago Mini was sitting on my desk watching Mikey who was trying to tell me something (love me love me love me) and eventually he turned to leave the office. Mini took a couple of practise swipes before she went for the real thing. She lashed out at him and raked her claws across his butt and returned back to where she was.

He was so shocked! I still don't thing he knows what happened to his bottom. LOL He didn't even make a noise he just looked shocked, looked around and then licked his bum. LOL It was quite funny.

And the best part is it wasn't even called for. Not at that moment anyway. He hadn't been bugging her. He didn't even know she was there. Mini just dislikes him and took a swing when she could.

Here's a pic of the three girls on the bannister - it's their safe place. They can go and play in the basement with the rabbits and he can't get there. :)

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks! Some people can't tell them apart but they are SO different - and not related. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what fun...i know a few people i'd like to swat and get away with it. Shame on me..... your cats are awesome.

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks.

I know a few people like that too. It would be fun to be a cat I think. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I do love your cats and the story. I have 2 and Tiny who was a sweet, shy cat can sometimes turn. Just like yours, he can swipe at CJ for no reason and Tiny knows better than to do this because CJ will bark and give him the look. No one would expect it, but Tiny and CJ are best friends. Tiny rubs up against CJ's neck and will sleep next to her. They drive me nuts sometimes.

avenlee

LOL what a cute story. Fagan will do that to Sadie and Nora too. He'll be on the dinning table chair and as they walk by, he'll get a cheap swipe at them then go back sitting and just stare at them. As if to say "Yeah, I'm watching you and don't even try anything" hehehe :p

Our big yellow tom, Gulliver, used to have a favorite spot up in some rocks that was just above one of the dogs' favorite passages through the rocks. He'd lay up there in the sunshine and wait for them to walk by, single file, no room to turn around, and reach down and pop them on the butt. Not a thing any of them could do about it! Gulliver thought it was a great joke, but he never once used claws.

Of course, Purdue would get even with him later. He'd wait until Gully was hunting and totally engrossed, then Purdue would fly across the yard, head down low, and run his nose and head underneath Gulliver's substantial belly and flip him up in the air. It always ended in a game of chase, lol.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Sounds like Mini needs to give the others a lesson or two, then maybe Mikey would learn his lesson for good. Very cute story and all your cats are pretty. :D It's also good to see you again!

Irish

Saje, I was laughing all the time reading your story because it sounds just like my house. My cats love taking swipes at poor Bear. Sometimes he gets revenge and doesn't even know it - the cats will be lounging on the couch and Bear will come up to me for some loving and be wagging his tail and frequently his big old bushy tail will be hitting them right in the face. Ooooh they get so mad and they will swing away at him!!

Members online

No members online now.