What to do on a Friday Night...

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I am on a mailing list for a local bully breed group. Tonight I receive a message about a meetup the organizer had planned for the near future.

They wanted to meet at an indoor dog park. That's right, taking a group of bully breeds to a dog park. Now, the organizer had some worries as the dog park is in a city that has BSL. So she contacted the dog park and they told her members just couldn't bring their purebreds- mixes and Am Staffs were fine to bring along.

I quickly checked the municipal code for the city, and of course, mixes and all bully breeds that fall under the "pit bull" group are banned.

I could not believe what I read so I spend awhile writing her a loong email...and then I also wrote another looooong email to the dog park. What on earth are people thinking?! I am so sick of these owners who never think a step ahead and then they cry out when a dog fight occurred. Thanks for listening.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
wow Jules, Im not sure what to say to that?

that seems ummm hell I dunno lol

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I know, right?! Someone forgot to eat the special vitamins as a kid :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Woooow. You'd think people actually involved in the breed would know they were banned.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
The answer I got to my email by the girl was even more puzzling.

Now she is trying to educate me, because I am "discriminant and mean".
It ended with "Isn't the point of this group to get our bullies out into the public so that people like yourself can see that there is nothing to fear, and only love and loyalty, from these breeds?"

:wall:

Yeah, taking them to a dog park and letting them get into fights in a city that has BSL is a GREAT way to show that there is nothing to fear. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

Dakota Spirit

Devious Little Terrier
Kind of reminds me of the "its all in how they're trained!" argument. So many bully owners seem intent on disregarding some very important (and very real) aspects of their breed...often at a detriment to the dogs.

No one's saying they AREN'T loving and loyal...but that doesn't mean they need to be thrown into situations that are asking for trouble. Not only are these going to be bully breeds at the dog park - but they're going to be dogs that have never met or interacted with each other before.

Also I'm wondering, how is taking them out in a banned city gonna help anything? At the very least, aren't they exposing themselves to possible citations? Possibly even worse ramifications if the city is really tough on their ban.

And last but not least, anyone who uses the word 'mean' in the argument is just....lame lol. Wanting the best for the dogs/breed is not mean.

elegy

overdogged
It ended with "Isn't the point of this group to get our bullies out into the public so that people like yourself can see that there is nothing to fear, and only love and loyalty, from these breeds?"
yep, that sounds about right. my pwecious would never ever fight because i'm a good doggy mommy and i loooooove her.

honest to god, i often think these type of people are more dangerous to the breed than any dog fighter ever will be. dog fighters are easy to label "bad". when it's the good-hearted, innocent dog saver whose dogs get into trouble, well, it couldn't be the fault of the human! those d*mn pit bulls are just so unpredictable!

Doberluv

Wow! Just WOW! Morons. They'll accelerate the harm that is being done to these dogs and owners everywhere. That's all they'll do.

Members online

No members online now.