Dog limit?

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
Do you have a pre-set number of dogs that you would allow in your home? How many dogs are you comfortable having?

I think that 3 would be my limit of big dogs. Not sure how many small dogs (if any) would be extra to that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
2 is my normal limit. THe only reason i kept Pepper was because of Mary's advanced age.

I have to say five because they're all watching me type this...but while I wouldn't change a thing, 5 is alot of hearts to take care of.

I will always have at least 2 though.

I have to add that small dogs are every bit as much work as large dogs..at least MY small dogs. Maybe they just have my number though;)

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
what I have right now is our limit. Five. Of course if I end up breeding Nonnie this year, or my little co own in Ca. gets bred sometime...I will have to figure out something.

mrose_s

BusterLove
3 was our limit, but Harry and mum just clicked, he's a difficult 4th dog and we could probably do 4 more easily if one of them wasn't him but we make it work.

In future I don't think I'll have a set limit, it will very much depend on what dogs I have then, what dogs I am looking at introducing, who else I am living with, what other pets I have and where I'm living.

Labyrinth

I'd say two is our limit. If a third dog fell in to our laps and there was little chance of finding them a better home we might consider a third.. But that's stretching it for us.

Toller_08

I can easily live with 5 as long as I have other people in the house. If I'm on my own, I like 2 or 3. :)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Our town limit is three--which we are currently at. I have always liked to have two dogs. Adding the third was a stretch for us, but has worked out well.

ACooper

With rising vet costs, food costs, and time constraints two remains my limit :(

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a third though.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I have 2 right now, but I'm pretty sure I'd have about 3-4 if I were allowed (2 is our housing limit on all pets so can't have cats either)

I would have to say three, and even that was a hassle sometimes, mostly due to health issues my older dogs had. The two littermates I have now has been a dream in so many ways, it's enough to compensate for King's insanity. I have a friend with 2 Labs, a Collie, and two cats. He's losing his mind. When the doorbell rings, it's total insanity. The bark on that Collie is like nails on a blackboard!!

Paige

Let it be
I could easily have six hundred Miley's. They're easy.

Three dogs is enough for me right now but I wouldn't say I'd never add on.

Dangels

Surrounded by Dane-Angels
I think it all depends on the situation. Right now, i'm perfectly content with having the dogs that I have at the moment, but that's not to say that I won't be adding anymore furry kids to my family....

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I would like to add a 3rd... like NOW. But not until they're retrained again, and the younger pup competing in agility.. or at least close to. LOL.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I think 2-3 is a good number of dogs in the house. (Leaning towards 2 of my own, with the option to foster.)

My husband thinks one is more than plenty.

Giny

Three, definitely 3, actually 2 was suppose to be our limit with one foster but life likes to be funny and you end up with a special number 3.

Members online