Axel, the New Pack Addition

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Ok, well as some of you know, I have kinda had to move house, as I could no longer afford to live where I was... I am now staying with my boyfriend's family until both of us can move into our own place. Since my boyfriend also has a dog, an 8-9 month old American Bulldog named Axel, although not mine, I've pretty much acquired a third dog since I have to do the training (mostly of the boyfriend lol)... Anyway, here is Axel, the new member of our pack!

He still needs some MAJOR training (and needs to be neutered), but he has begun to calm down since I've been helping Steve work with him, and setting some ground rules.

I am only assuming that he is purebred... there's really no way to tell for sure, as he came from a BYB, and my boyfriend only saw the father... there were no papers or anything... I know I've never seen a dark-colored American Bulldog before... They've always looked like Chance from Homeward Bound lol...

The "Painter" line of AmBulls often have coloured dogs ;) It is very common for AmBulls to be outcrossed with Pits and Catahoulas, especially if they are bred for work.

Nice looking pup!

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Well I was doing some reading, and found that there are two "official" types of American Bulldog - the Johnson type (thicker, heavier, with more massive heads/faces) and the Scott type (taller, lankier, lighter and more refined heads/faces, like Chance).

And since there's truely no way to tell (DNA tests are still inaccurate since they're fairly new), I am just assuming he's a badly-bred Scott-type (If there's some pit bull mixed in then so be it)...

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
he's very handsome! How's the other doing? (any new Shippo pics?) :D

Oh my two are fine. I was gonna get some Shippo pics today, but instead I ended up having to deal with some trespassing issues now the light's all gone... maybe tomorrow.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
My mouth seriously GAPED when I saw him. I wasn't expecting such handsomeness!

Gahh I'm in loove. He is sooooo gorgeous! He's stunning in every picture :D

More pictures?? *pleads*

Axel, I am offically your biggest fan..

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Thanks guys! More pictures will come with more training... he is still learning how to focus, and unlike my two, he does not know the "Stand" command lmfao... it will come with time.

Cheetah he is damm handsome,looks American bulldog to me,just got the filling out to do.
BTW,welcome to the bully club.lol

ACooper

He's a handsome fella! I am glad you are there to help your boyfriend with training while he is still so young!

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
You should have seen my boyfriend's mother's reaction when I said he could possibly be part APBT lol >9.9< She was like "Yuck..." under her breath... but Steve was like "cool!"

Members online

No members online now.