New Foster Dachshund

F

FluffyZooCrew

So, my newest foster arrived last week. Yeah, she looks pretty icky right now, but hopefully in time, she'll look like the beautiful, red dachshund that she is supposed to be. She's a little over 2 years old, and is a sweetheart! She's an ex-breeder from a puppymill, and lived in a cage all her life. So she's got that cage guarding mentality, like my other three ex-breeder dachshunds, but other than that, she's great! Very loving, and loves to follow me around the house. Loves the other dogs too.

Vet thought she had allergies, but I took her back on Friday and he said maybe it's fungal. Took some samples and is growing them in a tube, LOL. Said we'll know on Friday if it's fungal, and what type. He put her on fungal meds and Malaseb shampoo anyways.

Okay, on with the pics!

Poor little girl!! She is in wonderful hands now!! That is just so horrible what people do to animals. Just using them as breeding machines. Its sickening! Dachshunds are the best dogs ever! (LOL..My biased opinion). We almost adopted a little dachshund pup, she was SO tiny and adorable and little lover! My mom was shocked to see Dachshund pups at the SPCA. I said mom, they are one of the TOP 5 most popular (And overbred) dogs in the U.S. She has irresponsibly bred a few times before (Never again though!). We didn't get her though, we talked sense into ourselves. Harry had just passed away, and we were (and still are) going through depression and just wanted to go out and get a puppy to calm us. Went back a few days later and the entire litter (of 5) had been adopted.

F

FluffyZooCrew

Yeah, she's a cutie! Can't wait till she starts to heal up.

Our local pound has 15 dachshunds right now for adoption. The other pound, in another parish, had several dachshunds too, but unfortunately, they weren't adopted in time... *sigh*

These 15 should go fast though, they get dachshunds often and most are gone within a few days. They have a ton of chihuahuas too, but all are mean as fire (hoarding case).

I shall keep y'all updated on her! Can't wait to post new pics when she's lookin' better!

Paige

Let it be
She's a lucky one to have found you. Cute as a button too, fungal and all.

Members online

No members online now.