Psyche has a spot... Another skin issue!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm thinking it's a break out of an allergy of sorts. She's on RAW, so I doubt it's food. She was medicated with flea prevention in March when I brought her home, but I suppose rolling in the snow, she could have rubbed that off (maybe?).

Here's a picture:

That one's on her side, just behind her ribs on her right side. It itches her, I assume, and I've seen her licking it a lot (try to get her to stop every time I see her doing it). She had one on her left leg, on the inside, that was much smaller, and it looked like a bite mark or something and I figured the girls had played too rough, it went away, and not she's got one on her side, and one on her other leg that goes around onto her bum/bumfluff area.

It's not completly bald like a hot spot, and the hair didn't fall out in clumps, or even noticably fall out at all. It just looks like when she was itching at it, she broke/bit off the hair.

Anyone have any idea what it is? It's nothing that's spreading - none of the other dogs have them, and it doesn't seem to be getting bigger.

Bear Luv

CEO of the Candy Cult
OUCH! Looks to me like some sort of allergic reaction, maybe she ate something? Honey Bear got something similar all over her body, though they were small and not so much clustered together, she didnt lose that much fur either. My mom put some ointment stuff that is used for horses on them (it smelled like pepper - I was constantly sneezing and rubbing my eyes). It did the trick though!

I am gonna state the obvious and think you should take her to the vet ASAP. If you have to wait I would suggest getting her a collar thing to keep her from licking at it.

It looks so sore. Ouchhh. Maybe she got bit by something? You said you medicated her in march, she could have been bitten by a couple of fleas, but then again you mentioned snow lol. I am bad at this suggestion thing since like the only things that come to mind are fleas/bugs/medication/eating something or her food.

Maybe its the meat you are feeding her? Rush itches so bad if she eats anything chicken/red meat based. She eats strictly a fish diet (including raw - cept for the few times she gets marrow bones or turkey necks). I dont know, seems like a world of possibilities.

I hope you find out whats wrong with her! Poor Psyche!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
She'll be going to the vet after this weekend.

I've got a medicated shampoo and lotion that I've been putting on it, and it seems to help. She has been licking it less.

I figure she must have just rubbed the flea stuff off, and got bitten, and is now having an allergic reaction.

None the less, I'll be taking her to the vet for a skin scrape asap.

Brattina88

Aww... I hope she feels better soon! You'll have to let us know what the vet says.
Maddie's had an interesting spell of allergy spots this spring. Apple cider vinegar - water solution cleared it right up the first time. Dr suggested neosporin, and that worked well too. Just don't let them lick it, because it gives them the runs ;) (or so I've been told)

Members online

No members online now.