Smudgie's first Q

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Cider and Smudge ran AAC agility Saturday.

Smudge had a fantabulous first run ever.. We ran starter jumpers and he got scared in the chute and popped out, sent him back in and he did it properly. Sadly 5 faults, NQ, but he got first and I was super proud of how happy and focused he was. 100x better than Cider's first agility run ever was.. Being the queen of snooker.. I entered him in starter snooker, and we Q'd got first with 40 points. He thought the judge calling out his points was a whacko though stopped for a second to stare at him ;)

Cider ran a GORGEOUS Master jumpers run.. We flew past all the traps most people NQ'd over... to miss the last jump as she went to greet the ring crew.. Oi.. NQ.. Master snooker was a disaster like we've never had. Lazy took out a bar and I had to come up with a new plan on the fly. We managed to get 26 points which is fantastic for the goofs we made, but NQ.. Advanced standard I wasn't looking forward to. We've had at least 7 5 fault runs for weave entry issues as Cider's so fast she doesn't compress to get in the weaves, so she misses the first pole. Cider rocked it.. We hit our entry, were 20 seconds under course time which can be tight in AAC.. managed second place behind a sheltie who flew.. and we Q'd. Cider only needs one more advanced standard Q.. and we're done advanced everything.

So this is Cider and Smudge each in front of their ribbons :)
Sadly Smudge looks like a black blob..

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
^ :lol-sign:

That's awesome MP!! Woot!

It looks as though Cider and Smudge are getting along a bit better? Maybe?

MafiaPrincess

If you'd like an explanation on any part just ask ;) I know it can be gibberish like if you don't compete, or don't compete in that venue.

Kinda.. Cider snarks less, puts up with a bit more.. She doesn't liek him, but plays with him some. They play tug with the same toy at times.. Play chase outside. She lays with him for pics if I ask no fuss no grumbling.. I caught them once sleeping together of their own free will. It's never happened again though..

At Bailey's (bcmoffatt) both dogs post trial were so tired they fell asleep touching on the couch.. It's only taken a year and a half to get here though, haha

adojrts

Thats awesome, congrats!!! I guess you were at Royackers. I am going to Kingston just after the New Year, looking forward to that, although we have done NO training lol.

If you'd like an explanation on any part just ask ;) I know it can be gibberish like if you don't compete, or don't compete in that venue.

Kinda.. Cider snarks less, puts up with a bit more.. She doesn't liek him, but plays with him some. They play tug with the same toy at times.. Play chase outside. She lays with him for pics if I ask no fuss no grumbling.. I caught them once sleeping together of their own free will. It's never happened again though..

At Bailey's (bcmoffatt) both dogs post trial were so tired they fell asleep touching on the couch.. It's only taken a year and a half to get here though, haha
I think im good. I had to re-read it like 6 times. Sorry...
no0b here...humor me while i learn.;)

Congrats.

MafiaPrincess

Thats awesome, congrats!!! I guess you were at Royackers. I am going to Kingston just after the New Year, looking forward to that, although we have done NO training lol.
Haha, we are SO there.. I haven't had a lesson Since the end of October maybe.. Cider was really really on for our lack of work though. I worried about Smudge first trial, distractions, lack of recent training, but it was all good. Sadly he could really use winter classes. I'd be willing to give Cider a winter training break least for agility.. We have most winters and it's been fine.

Yeah we did Royackers. It was supposed to be Bailey's first trial, but sadly her entry was slightly late and they didn't acknowledge her. She's more revved up than ever after going to this one though :) Hopefully we can trial Royackers again or Acton in the new year. Oooh good luck at Kingston. I've never been down that way to trial ever.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Good to hear! Sounds like Izzy and Frodo now, lol.

And you saw Bailey?! How is she?? Tell her to get her butt back here ASAP!

MafiaPrincess

Thanks guys. He's so much easier than Cider.. Part of it is I've learned, but part is he WANTS to stay with me. He hasn't run off..

Bailey is good. She works a lot. I bugged her to get her net provider set up at her new house so she can come back. She said she'd try to call to make an appt this week.. I'd been missing her too.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Wahoo! That's great! Glad to hear everything went so well!

(I know about the "Part of it is I've learned" thing... Hell, and the wanting to stay with you thing. Zoey was my first, and I have learnt from a lot of my mistakes, and she always wants to run off, Bella's my second, and I'm being carful, and taking my experience and using it! Plus, she's not interested in seeing other people, just sticking close to Mama)

Mum2mutts

Congrats.......the ribbons look great
I don't understand all that Agility lingo either- but it sounds impressive!

I better learn though- I think we are going to start doing some matches next year

Members online

No members online now.