Collar count

SpringerLover

I have a ridiculous amount of collars/leads/harnesses/GLs for how much my dogs wear them (next to none).

I know for sure we have 2 limited slips, 2 martingales, 1 keepsafe, 5 "regular" buckle collars, 2 rolled leather, 4 GLs, 6 harnesses, lots of leashes... and I'm sure more collars if I looked harder.

The absolutely ridiculous thing though is that my dogs wear harnesses on walks (rarely is it left on throughout the day), and they only wear their leather collars from Friday through Monday on obed/rally show weekends (to soften the leather up again).

But I have a feeling with tracking starting in May that we'll need new/more longlines and possibly a REAL tracking harness!

1 for the tags, 1 martingale since he learned to slip the first effectively, 1 prong for those days when I don't want to be dragged down the street, and the harness for the days I do.

Eventually the goal is to actually get a nice controlled walk on the martingale only, but that hasn't happened yet.

ACooper

Someone call the Humane society! My dogs are mistreated!

Poor Poor Orson only has 3 collars! One Pittsburgh Steelers, One Leather, and One Prong. And two leashes.

Phoebe has only TWO! A pink nylon, and a Leather flat! And two leashes.

Now in a box of doggie things we don't use is a Gentle Leader, a Harness, and a few puppy collars that are out grown :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ohhhh.... coop, I wasn't counting the prong collars or e-collars.... hmmmm I may have to bump up my count now! ;)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Oh geez guys, since this thread started I have spent every spare second tallying up the ginormous amount of collars that I have for my dogs, and Whew! am I glad I'll never have to do that again.
So, the final count is...

*drumroll*

3, count them, 3 collars! For 3 dogs! :p

Izzy and Frodo each had one collar/leash set when they were puppies that were thrown out when outgrown, then they each got a matching collar/leash set from Lupine that they're still wearing today. Mollie has had the same collar for the last 4/5 years :eek:
They each have their own leash and Izzy and Frodo share their Ella's Lead.

I would love to have a billion collars/leashes and I spend a ton on time just browsing for stuff, but I'm so paranoid that my dogs are going to get hurt and I won't have enough money to pay for it that every spare cent goes in their bank account. :rolleyes:

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Oh geez guys, since this thread started I have spent every spare second tallying up the ginormous amount of collars that I have for my dogs, and Whew! am I glad I'll never have to do that again.
So, the final count is...

*drumroll*

3, count them, 3 collars! For 3 dogs! :p

Izzy and Frodo each had one collar/leash set when they were puppies that were thrown out when outgrown, then they each got a matching collar/leash set from Lupine that they're still wearing today. Mollie has had the same collar for the last 4/5 years :eek:
They each have their own leash and Izzy and Frodo share their Ella's Lead.

I would love to have a billion collars/leashes and I spend a ton on time just browsing for stuff, but I'm so paranoid that my dogs are going to get hurt and I won't have enough money to pay for it that every spare cent goes in their bank account. :rolleyes:
Lauren--you are a fabulous dog mommy--I am a minimalist with the collars too, much for the same reason!:)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Two for Victor, his everyday one, and his holiday jingle bells one for CHristmas.
ONe for Mary used mostly to go to the vet and when we go to the dog park.
Victoria has the one she came with..since removed, and Thank Goodness i put Victor's baby collar on her, that bright orange is visible for my escapee. That brown of her coat blends so well with winter grass and dirt she is invisible without it.

ACooper

Lauren--you are a fabulous dog mommy--I am a minimalist with the collars too, much for the same reason!:)

Yep to you and Pw!

Orson has a prong out of necessity, and his one leather collar for his tags. His THIRD collar that REALLY wasn't necessary was a birthday gift TO ME from Kevin this past birthday :lol-sign:

But I DO have my eye on a new leather collar for him.......and of course a new leash too! I am saving up my safety bucks for it! :D

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am looking for a new one for Baxter (he's had the same one since the day I brought him home!)---but I'm waiting for Maya,s to get her collar stuff up and running--then I may splurge for something new! LOL

Members online

No members online now.