Is it natural??

P

Purdue#1

Is it natural for a dog registry to have cashed your check a few weeks ago and still not have your dog's registration?:confused:

bubbatd

Depends on when they registered the litter . I always did a week after the whelp so had the papers of each pup back by the time they went home . Presume you meant AKC.

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
I would say depends on the speed of mail and if the cheque has cleared.

I know a lot of places won't perform "services" (ie registration, membership renewal, etc) until funds are secured and cleared - ie the cheque comes back clear from your bank, etc, to avoid chasing down people for NSF cheques, etc.

P

Purdue#1

The registry is the NSDr(national Stock Dog Registry). The breeder said that it would take 6 months at the most to get the papers wich would be march from the time she mailed them. I got them after i bought my dog. The registry was backed up a year or something( i called to make sure). My mom works at a bank so she can check when they cashed the check. I just wanted to know is it took them a while to file the papers and send them even if they already cashed the check.

Chemikal

When I got my Cockerspaniel, I went to the Vet that he was born in and got his papers and registration before he was seperated from his mom. Its always best to do things like getting papers ready for puppies. Some states require holding periods in the US. Most however will deliver papers in a week to a month depending on how many people are asking for registrations. If it goes beyond a month I would suggest you call them up and ask why you havent recieved the registration papers.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
When I got my Cockerspaniel, I went to the Vet that he was born in and got his papers and registration before he was seperated from his mom. Its always best to do things like getting papers ready for puppies. Some states require holding periods in the US. Most however will deliver papers in a week to a month depending on how many people are asking for registrations. If it goes beyond a month I would suggest you call them up and ask why you havent recieved the registration papers.
I don't think you're talking about kennel club registration papers.

P

Purdue#1

thanks! I was getting a little worried about his papers coming.(it's not the most trustworthy breeder in the world. Really should not have got a dog from her to be honest.) At least i know that now.

Members online