Cellphone questions

Fran27

My prepaid cellphone is about to expire. I wasn't using it much last year, but this year I have so much stuff to keep track of, and I'm out a lot when the kids are in school so I'd like to be easy to reach... my cellphone is crap, sound is awful, but of course I was only paying $100 a year...

So, my question... is there such thing as a cellphone/smartphone that 1) doesn't cost a ton, 2) has a low monthly cost? I'd use it to call occasionally, but I'd like to have some apps too like a calendar, maps (do not want IOS 5, lol), and be able to check my email. I don't think I'd use it a lot, so I don't need unlimited data, but I'd like something that at least tells me when I've reached my cap - I seriously have no clue how much data everything would cost.

Any help would be great...

yoko

You could do something lik boost. There is a high entry fee since you have to buy the phone but monthly it is only $40 I think. There was a plan that you paid by day too. So if it won't be an every day thing you could do that.

I know virgin and tmobile have prepaid smart phones but I'd definitely look into ones with 'plans' because you'll probably use more data than you think.

yoko

Sorry on cell so can't edit. But those apps you listed are preloaded on most phones. Will you be using online a lot? If not a feature phone might work for you.

M

MyHorseMyRules

I have Boost. It cost me $50 for the phone, I think, but it's not a smart phone. And I pay $40/month for unlimited calls, texting, and internet. I don't get reception in as many places as others, so it's not perfect for doing a lot of traveling. I also started with a higher monthly payment, but they decrease your monthly costs every six months if you make your payments on time. Not sure how much a smart phone would run you, but it's something you could look into.

SkyRock

I'm on T-Mobile on the Family Value Plan and only pay 5$ a month for my Blackberry (unlimited everything except calls) and $15 a month for my iPhone (unlimited everything). You could always buy an unlocked phone on ebay or craiglist for a lower price so you don't have to pay full price for the phone.

Other cheap options are Virgin Mobile, Boost, Straighttalk but they don't offer much data (if that's important to you).

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
buy a smart phone off craigslist that is t mobile comapitable , get there 30 bucks a month from walamrt pre paid plan , 100 talk minutes and unlimited data.

LindaJD

I have an android from straighttalk. I pay 45 a month for unlimited eveything. My dad has a basic phone from straight talk and he pays $30 a month.

Members online

No members online now.