Lacey stinks

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I don't know why, she spent the day outside today (there's a doggy door but she wanted to be out since I keep the house too warm) and when I made her come in she smells really bad...bad enough I don't really want her on my bed.

Any ideas? She HATES baths, and won't stand for the blow dryer - it's too cold to air dry...I do have some of that waterless shampoo, does that only mask the smell or will it improve stinky for long term?

Romy

Taxiderpy
You'd need a lot of the waterless to get the odor out if it's all over her body. So much that she'd be pretty wet anyway, and you might as well bathe her.

If we're desperate with Charlie's stench and absolutely can't bathe him for a day or so, we'll rub a dryer sheet all over him to mask it. We still don't want him on the furniture in that case, but it helps to make his presence in the room tolerable.

Are there any self dog wash places in town? Around here we have two, and for a dog Lacey's size they would charge about $15 for you to use their elevated tubs, professional dryers (those rock!!), a wide variety of shampoos and conditioners.

D'tailsDogGrooming

Professional Groomer
If you absolutely can not bathe your dog here is my suggestion:

1. Rub corn starch throughout the coat, and brush out thoroughly. This will help get any dirt and grease out of her coat.

2. Use your waterless shampoo.

3. Rub her down with a dryer sheet (obviously avoid her face).

With that you should have a relatively good smelling, pretty much clean dog!

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Thanks! She's riding in the cab of the truck for almost 800 miles with us and I don't want to smell reeky dog the entire trip.

Members online

No members online now.