Summer Events - Take The Plunge + BHRR Microchip Clinic

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I've been attending some super-fun events with AlliePets locally this summer, and haven't shared the photos yet! First, here's a few from Take The Plunge back in June. Take The Plunge is a local dock diving focused event that raised funds for four local dog rescues, including Sit With Me who I volunteer for. The ferret rescue was also there!

Pittie mix puppy!

.. and his sister. Ears. <3

A pair of Aussies visiting our booth.

French ring demos.

My co-worker's dog, Zephyr! He sort of... fell in. He loved it.

Wolfhound/St. Bernard mix. I love this dog.

-MORE-

Last edited:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
You came here for dock diving photos, right?

Remix the Coolie, he shops at my store.

Twix, another Coolie.

Zephyr again. Cutest chocolate dog. <3

-MORE-

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Yesterday I attended the annual microchip clinic findraiser for Birch Haven Rescue & Rehabilitation, a local rescue focusing on giant breed dogs and special need dogs. It was a blast, their volunteer crew is nothing short of superb.

My booth pal Fergus. A Scottish Terrier rescue from a puppy mill, rocking the 'hawk.

Baggins! He and his brother Bilbo are wolfhound/sheepdog/shepherd mixes and available for adoption. <3 5 months.

BHRR's Maverick. Mav has severe joint deformities in his front legs that cause his legs to splay out intensely. He had surgery on the first leg ten days ago and is doing incredible!

Puppy playtime!

I want to introduce BHRR's Reese, their newest surrender. Reese is a 12-week old doberman who was born blind and deaf. She arrived at the rescue the night before the event, and it was gathered that her sense of smell is poor at best, and she definitely has some neurological issues - extreme OCD behaviours and very much in her own world - though that is also likely due to being blind/deaf.

But throughout the day, Reese surprised us all with how she interpreted the world around her. Most dogs with blindness and/or deafness rely heavily on their smell. Reese, instead, uses her paws. When she moves, she places her paws far ahead of herself, much like a blind person would use a cane.

We also learned that when we are seated or laying on the ground and call to her, she feels the vibration and comes running.

She also craves tactile touch more than an average dog - she would crawl all over each human she discovered and loved the feeling of being pet.

My photographer friend Chuck was her clear favourite. She learned to discern the feel of his voice from others, and would seek him out. <3

-MORE-

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
A few more of little Reese. She stole my heart.

She'd have these hilarious little bouts of energy and would prance like a little deer.

<3

And one from Chuck's camera of Reese giving me some love. <3

That's all for now, hope you enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.