Yahoo! Groups...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
What dog related Yahoo! groups do you belong to (if any)?

I belong to a lot, but I'm always looking for more active ones because I can read them during class :) p).

TIA :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm on Sheepdog-L (self explanatory), OC-assist-dogs (a service dog training group focusing on positive methods), a couple of dog nutrition lists (the rawfeeding group and k9-nutrition) and a bunch more that I don't recieve in my inbox because I don't have time to read them.

I used to go to the Fila list . . . I learned to stay away from Fila boards though. Too many nutcases :rolleyes: One thing good, though, is there will NEVER be enough agreement between Fila people to have one set of standards, so we should be safe from the AKC, lol.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I used to go to the Fila list . . . I learned to stay away from Fila boards though.
I actually did a Fila seach on the Yahoo lists yesterday and was really suprised at how many there were! Didn't join any though, they are a breed I am doomed to admire from afar, no need for temptations.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I used to go to the Fila list . . . I learned to stay away from Fila boards though. Too many nutcases :rolleyes: One thing good, though, is there will NEVER be enough agreement between Fila people to have one set of standards, so we should be safe from the AKC, lol.
I thought BC owners though that, too.

BC owners are MILD, lol. We are talking people who purposely own dogs that have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to people they don't know, lol . . . . what does that tell you about US :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
I don't know, Renee.. my take on the AKC is that they will do whatever the hell they want, and if they get it in their heads that they can profit off of Filas they'll try to. Even if it means ruining the breed and completely ignoring the wishes of most of the breed fanciers.

Well, one of the things they'll have to deal with is actually handling the dogs, lmao! The Fila is the sole breed that it is NOT a requirement for them to allow the judges to touch them :D

It would take a LONG, LONG time to have any confidence that you'd bred that completely out. Not too many judges would be willing to risk an "accident" I wouldn't think ;)

Our temperament test is even exactly opposite of other breeds. Our dogs are supposed to react with overt hostility - not unbridled aggression, but be very defensive when confronted with a stranger. Another part of the test is how quickly they will go for a person posing a threat. There can't be hesitation or doubt or waiting for the handler to give them the okay. They have to make up their own minds and go. They are also supposed to go TOWARD someone firing a gun, not just sit quietly.

RD

Are you dead yet?
AKC doesn't listen to the people who say "no, don't recognize this breed". Ever. The Jack Russell people are very lucky to have escaped with their breed's name intact - I wish the show BC's name had been changed upon AKC recognition! It's nuts...

I don't see a dog that's unable to be handled by judges and professional handlers ever doing much in the AKC show ring, though. I bet that's why there's been no pressure to recognize the breed.

Gosh, I do love Filas but I think their temperament actually might be TOO much for me... I'm pretty content with a Zaphod for protection, though he strongly disapproves of what little social life I have now.

elegy

overdogged
i belong to pam dennison's CIGPositiveDogTraining which isn't that active, Orthodogs, and a couple rawfeeding groups that i don't really read anymore.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Yahoo ones..

aboutckc
ACSHE · American Cocker Spaniel Hunting Enthusiasts
Agilcan (AAC agility)
AgileAmCockers
agility-equipment
CanadianShowDogs
FreecycleOshawaWhitby
RallyO-All-Dogs
SHOWCOCKERS
Showdogs-Plus

email ones..

Showdogs-L
Agility-L

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I'm on way too many groups ~ but my 3 favorites are K9Nutrition, dogobedience and pet-law.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I don't know, Renee.. my take on the AKC is that they will do whatever the hell they want, and if they get it in their heads that they can profit off of Filas they'll try to. Even if it means ruining the breed and completely ignoring the wishes of most of the breed fanciers.
Werd.

I would not be surprised if AKC accepted them... and started a trend of Filas with Lab personalities. D=

Dekka

Just try me..
RD>> the CKC JUST recognised BCs even though it was a very small minority who wanted it.

As for yahoo lists. Clickersolutions is crazy active. I am on a fairly active JRT one. A few agility ones. I am on a few others, but they are pretty quiet.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
As far as yahoo goes I am on settersteps.

Other lists include:
Showdog-L
Setter-L

Members online

No members online now.