Pray he gets this lovely dog...

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
I emailed her telling her to go to this forum. Hopefully we will get a reply from her. No bashing, please.

And check this all out...
Her website, Drool Alley:
http://freewebs.com/droolalley

This is the info on the contact page:
Fic registered.We are a small breeder.No kennels .We just love these guys and
want to share that love.You can visit my website at www.freewebs.com/droolalley
or contact me by e-mail at [email protected]/by phone at 918-430-5846.

Here is the additional information on the puppfind page:
Booberry Add to favorites

Breed: Neapolitan Mastiff
Sex: Male
Birthdate: 06-01-2006 (6 months)
Champion bloodlines: No
Champion sired: No

Price: $500 USD Buy with confidence
Shipping area: United States
What's included: Registered/registerable (AKC, NKC, etc.), Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Health guarantee
Additional information: This guy is CKC and FICA registered. His owner has
asked for me to help her post them. I will have
pics posted in the next few days. The reason for
a low price on him is do to him getting older and
she wants to find him a loving home.If you are
interested you can contact Lisa Pitts her number
is 918-839-3539.She lives in Summerfield,Okla.

Puppyfind page for BooBerry
http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?sid=0cbe3b19afd2bcf8deff2d5c9858e8b7&list_id=pn5z57hmxe&back=%2Ffor_sale%2F%3Fbreed_id%3D147%26country%3D248%26state%3DOK%26page%3D1%26order_by%3Drand%26back%3D%252Fsearch%252F%253Fsubmit%253D1%2526str%253Dneapolitan%252Bmastiff%2526page%253D1

Well...what do you think?

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
Here are some questions I sent her in case you guys were interested...
What is the personality of BooBerry? Is he happy go lucky or does he hold a grudge
What is the personality of the dogs around him? What do they act like around BooBerry?
What health problems run specifically in this dogs lines? What precautions do you take to reduce these problems?
What health guarantee do you give your dogs and for what length of time?
Do you give a health certificate when you ship this dog?
What is in your contract?
What type of food do you feed your dogs? Is it a good quality food and does it provide them with proper nutrition?

Thanks!

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Being on puppyfind, combined with not having a clue what standard health tests are, and not showing, and likely not working her dogs, I would have run a long time ago. There's nothing more to ask that breeder. They aren't good, and no matter how they answer other questions they aren't going to get any better.

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
She said BooBerry came from Italian lines..exactly what are these? Why is it so horrible she does not show her dogs? I know that you should only breed if the dogs are shown and titled, but this dog sounds great. And also, IF and only IF she has a guarantee, if he does not approve of the dog and the dog is not healthy, we should be able to ship him back with them paying the shipping. That is the ONLY way he would be getting this dog. Otherwise, *shakes head*.

krisykris

It isn't so horrible that they don't show their dogs. What's horrible is that they do no health or temperament testing. She's not a reputable breeder. Plus I highly doubt that she would volunteer to allow you to send the dog back at her cost. Why don't you find a better breeder rather than continuing to deal with someone that is NOT a GOOD breeder.

Really? Because the breeder I am speaking with right now is very confident in the home we will be providing to one of her pups and we are confident that she is a well known, top notch breeder, who came recommended from many people, including other breeders.

But, I also know the difference between a BYB and a reputable breeder.. others may not. And I certainly do not go "shopping" for puppies.

Neo- please educate yourself and your friend on finding a good, reputable breeder. If they wish to rescue- there are plenty of breed specific rescues out there, in addition to petfinder.
I stand by my statement. Good breeders do not ship their dogs. They do not need to. They don't advertise and have deposits put down for there litters so the dogs already have homes.

I think that a good breeder is the same as a good rescue. Neither a good rescue or a good breeder would ship a dog to some unkown place just because they answered some questions and gave them cash for the dog.

Fran27

The problem with not showing is that, well, you have no idea if the dog is even a Mastiff. That, and what about temperament? You could end up with a dog that doesn't have at all the right temperament for the breed... not good.

About OFA and CERF, even if you don't care if the dogs are showed, you *need* those done on the parents. It's your best guarantee that the puppies won't end up with horrible hip or eye problems.

This is a BYB, plain and simple.

corsomom

From looking at the website, this person should not be breeding, looks like your typical byb breeding her pets becouse she can. Why dont you research the neo, talk to good breeders, find out everything you can about the breed and ethical breeding.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I looked at their webpage... it screams BYB. No reputable breeder would ever list their dogs on puppyfind.com ... web sites like these are havens for BYBs.
With the shorter life spans found in large breed dogs such as the neo, you really need to look into finding a good breeder who does health testing.
In the short run, $500 is a cheap price for a dog, yes... but three years down the line when you have to spend $2000 on knee surgery for the dog, you will have wished you found a reputable breeder in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.