Potty training idea.

I wondering if this idea might work.....

If I find a "present" left on the floor, can I bring the puppy to it, then pick up "goods" and deposit it where it should be?

Will he get the idea? Or is he going to just learn to pick it up and move it when he's done?

I guess no one has ever tried this. I read a post by one person who claims it worked. But I haven't heard much about it else where. It seems very intuitive to a human mind, but I'm concerned to a puppy mind it will mean "my owner wants me to pick them up and move them over here". Any comments?

nedim

Hmm...I read somewhere that you should never let your dog see you cleaning up their mess. Makes them think its ok, I suppose. I think the dog would just move it when he/she is done, but I'm far from being an expert.

nedim said:
Hmm...I read somewhere that you should never let your dog see you cleaning up their mess. Makes them think its ok, I suppose. I think the dog would just move it when he/she is done, but I'm far from being an expert.
That's interesting. How does a dog go from seeing you clean it up to the conclusion that it is ok to do it there?

nedim

BudgetsDad said:
That's interesting. How does a dog go from seeing you clean it up to the conclusion that it is ok to do it there?

Not sure to be honest. Its just something I read on a website a while back. I guess they think that its ok and that youll take care of the mess and clean it up every time it happens?

Angelique

BudgetsDad said:
Will he get the idea? Or is he going to just learn to pick it up and move it when he's done?
ROFLOL!!!

If you can teach a dog to pick up their poop and throw it away, sitting on the toilet and flushing when they're done, is just around the corner! :D

All silliness aside :). Set your pup up for success by paying attention to his daily need-to-go times. Bringing a pup to the spot there they made a mistake does nothing productive, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.