Woman Ticketed for Not Carrying her Rabies Paperwork

i'd be screwed, I don't know where my paperwork is, or my tags. They were in a drawer, but we moved, so now i'm sure they're in a box somehwhere

darkchild16

We are Home.
I went through that too. Thankfully I had enough back paperwork that they left me alone and called florida. After threatening me to get a new rabies shot and a cty tag and city tag.

Brattina88

That's rediculous! She had the dogs on the dogs, even!!
:rolleyes:
Maddie doesn't even wear her tags, and she's not going to either. I have paper work at home. Not carrying them with me, unless I'm going out of town or something. That's crazy!

I mean, are they going to require parents to show proof of vaccs for their children??? :rofl1:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey is not vaccinated. Nor is she registered with the city (we got her way back when the fee for registering intact dogs was easily triple that of speutered dogs). We would be screwed if we did that here.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Nice to know crime is nonexistent in that part of town, freeing up cops to do things they clearly know nothing about. :rolleyes:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't even walk Sawyer with a "real" leash, never mind collar and tags. I'm not even sure where his new tag is and Lord only knows where the paperwork is. :p

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Mine have their tags (we go to parks, and they do show up on occasion and check) and I think we have a copy of the paperwork in the glovebox, just in case. But its still insane.

JacksonsMom

WHAT?!? Dude, that is insanity.

I keep Jackson's rabies tag on my key chain, not on his collar or harness, but he's totally UTD. I can't believe cops can randomly stop and ask you that.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Mine have their tags, and I generally have a copy of their shot records somewhere close by--the vet put shot dates on their receipts automatically. Actually, every time I've gone in to license the dogs I've brought paperwork with me and the clerk hasn't even looked at it....

Michiyo-Fir

Something kind of similar to this happened to my friend.

She has a back problem and her dog is 25 lbs so she can't carry him for very long. Anyways, she drove her dog to the pet store and parked on the side of the road. Her dog sits in the passenger seat.

She gets out of her own car without letting the dog out, got her leash and went to the passenger side. She let the dog jump out of the car and bent down to leash him and the animal control officer came over to give her a ticket. She explained she cannot pick her dog up and put him down to leash him because her back has a problem. The AC officer said she can't have her dog off leash at any time and even though she has the leash in her hand and ready to put it on her dog, that 2 seconds is too long so she got a ticket and a warning. I think that's just ridiculous.

There's tons of stray animal problems and animal abuse problems that when you call them, they never even respond or call back but for the 2 secs a dog jumps out of the car onto the floor with owner ready to leash you get a ticket??

Members online

No members online now.