they're here they're here...pictures!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
group shots:

now for the individuals!

Columbian Rocks, well be keeping 1, just dont know which.

Buff Orphington, i think were going to keep the 1st one...they actually threw in a 3rd buff for free lol

*MORE*

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
Black Australorps:, 1 will be staying, im not sure which yet, BUT the other one is already spoken for :)

Barred Rock: were keeping the second one

Speckled Sussex, not sure which is staying but the other one is going home with the the other australorps thats spoken for. i THINK well be keeping the second one though, shes a little darker.

and last but not least...
fluffy feet.
fluffy feet will not be staying, fluffy feet was our "free mystery chick", and the only one of the group not guarenteed to be a pullet (free = unsexed) looking at him hes the only one with no wing feather development, males develop feathers slower making me think hes a rooster...

shame cause hes super cute

HOWEVER...dads in love with fluffy feet lol.
so, once the sussex and australorp go home...
and these people are supposed to come tomorrow too, hopefully they will take the remainding 4...
but when we were talking there also looking for easter eggers, so dads said, if they want to go part in on an order from the same place he would like us to get a couple of easter eggers and a couple of brahma :)

yup, mr "ooo chicken for dinner" wants me to order more lol.
he came in this morning to take a peek then called me an hour ago...
hes like im looking at this picture...whats the little yellow ones, and the brown ones ect...lol
then he said, "well now we have them all i dont want to get rid of any..." LMAO!
so i told him, no we need to thin out the ones we have and if he still wants more we'll order some more of different breeds to bring us to the desired 8 hens lol

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
AHHH CHICKIES

I can has? I want a fluffy feet! omgomg

Also, since you're a mod, change the thread title to "they're here they're here" would you? That totally baffled me until I got into the thread. XD I'm not normally a grammar meanie but that one's gonna bug me!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
AHHH CHICKIES

I can has? I want a fluffy feet! omgomg

Also, since you're a mod, change the thread title to "they're here they're here" would you? That totally baffled me until I got into the thread.
Lol me too.

They are so cute! I would want to keep them all too :D

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
fixed :)

and barred rock #2 is going home with the australopr and sussex thats spoken for.
which means i have 4 in need of homes.

lol allie, im the same way, i wish i could sex him accuratly, if he was a definate she shed be staying...
but i think shes a HE...
hes also very snuggly, he whent to sleep in my hand.

side note...baby chicks look DEAD when there sleeping!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Lovely! did you order them from mypetchicken ? I wanted to order a batch SOOO bad a while ago, congrats, they are super super cute!

and I LUFF FLUFFY FEET! lol but the spekkled sussexs are my favorite <3 they look like they are wearing FEIRCE eyeliner lol

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i looked into MPC, but for 5 chicks it would have cost $60 with the shipping!
so i ordered from healthychicksandmore.com, and it came to $55 for 12 chicks, shipping was FREE!

im realy impressed, i was expecting at least some weaker chicks, mabe a doa, at the very lieast some pasty butt...but these guys are SUPER healthy looking.

though they dont have any blue laced red wyandotes or polish which are 2 breeds i REALY want.
im going to try and get some locally to round out the flock though :)

the sussex are cute, my dad asked why there were chipmonks in the box when he first glanced in lol

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
so our 5 have been choosen and have names. in order of apperacne up above...

# 1-Ethel
# 3-Millicent (milly)
# 7-Sam
# 8-Veronica (Ronny) my sister fell in love with this one rather than the other one and has already "Bonded" therefore we switched which were keeping lol.
# 11-Gertrude

we will be adding 3 more girls who will be named Prudence, Phylis and Myrtle, but we have to put that order in first.
im planning on prudence the ameracana, phylis the buff bramah, and myrtle the dark brahma. lol

milos_mommy

I'm totally jealous I want chickens so badly.

Can't wait to see more pics and hear stories about them!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
They are so cute! Little chickies! <333 :D

Send one here nao plz.

MPP

petperson
Who knew there were so many kinds of chickens?!? Shows what I know about country life. Or rural. Or semi-rural. Or whatever.

Members online

No members online now.