I got bit!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Well that's a first. And it's turning into a nasty bruise too!

We took Sierra with us yesterday to have dinner with Matt's dad and step-mom, (the point of the trip was actually to view a wedding venue, we were going to be gone for a full day). Sierra has been there many times, and gets along well with their dogs, but they have a new dog now.

Getting out of the car two of three dogs were out of the house and ran right up to us. Sierra greeted the one she knew, no problem. The new dog she snarked at (didn't help that she was on a 2' leash...). Normally if the dog doesn't snark back, Sierra settles down and is okay. If the dog does snark back, Sierra escalates.

Lily decided to snark back. In fact she decided to do more than snark. Sierra started it and Lily fully intended to tell her who's who.

I was VERY pleased with Sierra, because she backed right off! However, she decided to hide behind me, and as Matt's dad pulled Lily away, my leg was in between Lily and Sierra and I ended up being bit on the thigh.

I didn't tell them that she'd bit me. It didn't break skin and to be fair I got in the way. But MAN does that spot hurt! I'm just glad I was wearing jeans and not thinner pants.

(After that they did relax around each other and played like crazy. So I'm sure this won't happen again).

Dekka

Just try me..
Ow that sucks you were in the wrong spot at the wrong moment. Good that she backed down and they were fine!

milos_mommy

I've been there quite a few times...Glad Sierra behaved, and I hope you heal quickly!

I might let them know, however...what if it happens to someone they're less friendly with and turns into a lawsuit or something? I know it's upsetting and you don't want to make a big deal of it but honestly I think they should know just so they can keep a closer eye on her if someone gets between her and another dog.

Doberluv

I'm glad nothing worse happened between the dogs and in fact, they got along eventually. Gosh! Dog bites are so painful. (I know) I'm glad it didn't break the skin. Hope you heal up soon.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Aww. :( I've had that happen to me before, except I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time, I was just stupid.

Middie and Leo were having a snarkfest and I stepped right between them to block them and nip it in the bud, and Mr Leo got my thigh. He also put a nice little hole in my jeans. Hmmph.

bubbatd

Ouch !!!! Those bruises can really hurt ! Glad they became friends !

Members online

No members online now.