EX Smokers, I need help.

I am my own worst enemy. I will be smoke free before my trip to Chicago.

The orange tic tacs are pretty good, the bold ones rock.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i don't know why the bold ones are so hard to find here. I get mine at walgreens. Nobody else where i shop seems to carry them.

hi Blue - and good for you deciding you want to stop. I was the worlds best smoker and loved it sooooo much and one day my heart went in to a wrong rhythm and an hour later I was in intensive cardiac care, the cardiolologist said - Do you smoke? I said - Yes. He said - Now, you dont. it was hard at first and a friend said he had had hypnotherapy to stop and he was successful. it cost him £65 and I decided to have it too. then I thought - why am I paying someone to tell me I want to stop smoking? So I stopped. the greatest thing is the feeling so good about myself for stopping. I used the gum to help me at first and re-chewed on the same bit of gum and found that I was just chewing on bland gum. That was 3 yrs ago. I wish now Id never smoked and I hate the smell now. Please dont leave it til you have a health probelm to give up do it so you WONT have a health problem. There is a good website called ASH

Time since quitting
Beneficial health changes that take place
8 hours
Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half, oxygen levels return to normal. Circulation improves.
24 hours

Carbon monoxide and nicotine eliminated from the body.

48 hours
The decline in lung function and excess risk of lung cancer halts.

1 month
Appearance improves – skin loses its grayish pallor and becomes less wrinkled

3 - 9 months
Coughs and wheezing declines

1 year

The excess risk of a heart attack reduces by half compared to that of a smoker.

15 years
Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked.

Good luck Blue.

BLUE!!!!!!

You need to get after a certain young 'un in Florida . . . . I cannot believe I have a daughter who is SMOKING CIGARETTES!!!!!

I told her I was going to rat her out to you ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sunflower seeds are suppose to have something in them that helps curb the craving at the same time allowing you a substitute for the "habit". GLad you found something to add to tic tacs.

BLUE!!!!!!

You need to get after a certain young 'un in Florida . . . . I cannot believe I have a daughter who is SMOKING CIGARETTES!!!!!

I told her I was going to rat her out to you ;)
Im shocked!! Shocked I say! She swore me to silence, I tried to talk some sence to her with what Im going threw.

sunflower seeds are suppose to have something in them that helps curb the craving at the same time allowing you a substitute for the "habit". GLad you found something to add to tic tacs.
The sunflower seeds are so much better than tic tacs and for some reason the dill pickle ones truely rock less salt to boot.

Just giving you some encouragement!!
What no pics? :popcorn:

WHOO! keep it up Blue!! and I have to agree dill pickle sunflower seeds are freaking awesome lol. I love them! How are you doing???

Members online

No members online now.