Halloween movies!

It's that time of year again...

Halloween has failed to be scary for me for many years now lol - Halloween last year was spent walking a dog and eating pizza, the year before that crying at home then driving to a mall to eat at the food court, and year before that at a club dressed as the H1N1 Virus/Hello Kitty.

When I was little, dressing up, decorating, getting candy, watching the TV specials, staying up late for movies, and just getting into the spirit of things was what it was about. Now - not so much? lol

I do plan on watching a few scary flicks for Halloween night though - what movies/things does everyone like to watch around this time of year and what are you guys' halloween plans?

I'll be watching Rosemary's baby, House (a Japanese horror flick), Antichrist, and perhaps a black and white or two. Vampyr is a beautiful one but more artistic than scary (IMO)...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I've always loved the Halloween series lol. so cheesy but I love them.

I'm hoping we will be able to go trick or treating but don't know if the weather is going to hold out or not. Hannah is going to be a bride and I'll wear my Minnie Mouse ears witch hat headband (with green braids lol)

yoko

One of my favorite scary movies is paranormal activity the first one. Not really for the scary factor but more the I appreciate how much they did with so little.

I know a ton of super gory movies and twisted humor movies but personally I don't label them as 'scary'. I love horror movies but I have trouble getting past the fact that they are movies so they don't so much in the scare department for me.

It's not really scary but you could always watch the marble hornets videos on youtube. I watches the first season and it had some creepy parts an is really well made for a youtube series.

Barbara!

Scary movies wig me out more than they actually scare me.

Slenderman is some scary sh!t, doh. And he ain't even real.

SkyRock

LOL I used to love Halloween too, now not so much....
I've always liked scary movies but it wasn't until I watched the Exorcist and Paranormal Activity a few years ago, weird things started happening and now I only watch gory stuff, this Halloween I'll probably watch Saw or other not-really-scary scary movies. But i'm done watching The Omen, exorcisms and 'satanic' stuff... They are no fun for me.

milos_mommy

I'm not big into scary movies, but:

The "Saw" Series is my favorite. People say it's just a shock-gore movie or whatever, but I think they (at least the first two, if not the whole series) are really well done.

I saw one of (if not THE) first horror movie(s) ever made recently, The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari. It's silent, but pretty creepy/awesome.

The Orphanage was also a great Guillermo Del Toro movie...more 'dark' than 'horror'.

I really want to see Suspriria.

The Last House On The Left is good if you're into groundbreaking campy 1970's horror movies.

Members online

No members online now.