do you like wine?

nancy2394

I have never been a wine kind of person. I'm thinking it's because i've never found a wine i actually like. But, i've discovered that i like dessert wines. I'm not knowledgeable on what wine is what and what wine goes with what food. I just know if i like the taste of it..lol

I tried a pink muscoto champagne tonight... it was pretty good. I think i'd buy it again. I was hoping to find the primo muscoto amor'e, but no luck. I'm thinking of heading to our local winery we have here in north georgia and sampling some different wines.

Do you drink wine, what kinds do you prefer?

Lyzelle

I don't mind wine, and I enjoy it at night. I just have a hard time finding a decent wine. Some of them just taste like "getting trashed" wine...not just "for enjoying" wine, if you get what I mean.

Little Penguin Merlot isn't bad, though. Yellowtail Merlot is NUTS. I heavily dilute it with Cran-Grape. Little Penguin Chardonnay is the same way.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I go for reds or rose wines mostly, though I've found a white here and there that I like as well. I used to hate wine until I went to a winery and did an official "tasting" - learned that the wines I had tried in the past were all quite dry and I am sooo not a dry wine person.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I used to hate wine until I went to a winery and did an official "tasting" - learned that the wines I had tried in the past were all quite dry and I am sooo not a dry wine person.
Most beginning wine drinkers don't like dry wine at all. They prefer sweet. If you're just starting on wine, go with the sweet wines or dessert wines.

I love wine. A good, rich glass of merlot or cabernet sauvignon is as good as a meal. Our closet in the library is my wine cellar, LOL. I usually keep at least a dozen bottles on hand. I don't drink wine often, maybe every other week or so, but I prefer it to beer any day. My favorite is dry wine. It's just so crisp, and I love the way it evaporates off the tongue and leaves your mouth feeling refreshed.

Not a fan of sweet wines. I enjoy them on occasion, but to me, they taste too much like wine coolers or juice.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nope. Wine is gross. I can't even stand the smell lol

It doesn't help that I am against all things GRAPE lol

Absolutely. I started out like you, Nancy, not liking anything too dry. Riunite wines were good, even the lambrusco. Then I developed a taste for Spanish, German and Italian wines, which I still like, and white grenache, then white Zinfandel (Beringer!), Alice White's Lexia fit into that and I still like it on occasion, then onto the Chilean wines, especially from Concha y Toro vineyard.

Now I drink primarily reds, Shiraz, Old Vine Zinfandel (the BotaBox is actually decently good!), Cabernet, Pinot Noir, although I like some whites, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Casilero del Diablo's Chardonnay and sometimes a Beringer Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc.

You'll find your tastes change.

Doberluv

I use to like wine a lot, if it was fairly good and I preferred a dry Chardonnay or for red, Cabernet. But my tastes changed. Now I really can't stand or stomach wine. I can tolerate Pinot Noir because it's relatively mild. There was one exception. Once when we were at a resort where I use to live, the manager was my niece's beau and he bought us a $100.00+ bottle of some kind of red wine. That $100.00's made the difference. You could taste the woody undertones from the barrel. It was smooth as silk and mellow, not harsh and acidic like most cheaper wines are. So, that was really good. Otherwise, in the last few years I've steered clear of wine. It's too bad because it has a ton of anti oxidants in it. A glass or two or red wine a day is very healthy. But beer also has anti oxidants and I like beer too, just not American beer...has to be the good stuff. I drink very little alcohol, but when I do, it's either bourbon or a good imported beer. I really like Crown Royal a lot. Straight up, no chaser.:D

iwantmypup

Not that I drink it often or anything, maybe a glass for dinner every once in a while(my family is so Spanish..) but I do like wine. I prefer red wines, especially merlot or cabernet.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
LOVE wine! I'm super partial to pinot grigio though so if I'm buying its usually a pinot grigio especially if I'm pairing it with seafood.

I mostly drink white wine though if I'm out to eat and order a steak or something I think reds tend to compliment better. In that case give me a merlot.

Not a big fan of dessert wines. I really don't like my wine to taste sweet.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Super sweet wines here. I don't want to taste the alcohol. Which is why I'm not really a wine person. My favorites tend to be Moscatos and my favorite bottle is currently Villa Alena Moscato D'asti, it's like drinking sparkling white grape juice lol. I also love Ice wine and fruit wines like blueberry.

yoko

I like earthy reds :D

I do have a fondness for icewine but most people won't drink it with me XD

Members online