Thread battles with other members = dislike in general?

Saeleofu

If I get in arguments with the same person a lot, or if their posts just get me irritated all the time, I block them. Simple fix, nobody knows who I have blocked, and if I get really curious I just look at their posts on my own terms. I only have maybe 3 or 4 people blocked, some of which I don't think are here anymore. I have also unblocked people after getting to know them better.

Just one or two arguments or disagreements, though, no big deal.

BTW Fran I had a dream about you the other day :rofl1:

Last edited:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
If I disagree with someone in a thread, oh, well. It's happened with many of my favorite people here. There are a couple of people here I really just don't like much, but that's had to do with them being asshats, not because we disagree. :p
99% of Chazzers I like just fine, and I don't usually carry grudges from arguments/disagreements/debates at all. Only if personal attacks are involved, and even then I most often can let it go.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
There is only one person I actively dislike. But that is because all their posts have to be at the expense of others. It gets really old.

There's nobody here I really hate or dislike. Even when they tell me I'm a spoiled brat, or if what I'm saying is BS, I've kinda just learned to get off Chaz before anything happens, lol.
It definitely is like a family...in your family there are some people you like more than others, haha.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
There's nobody here I really hate or dislike. Even when they tell me I'm a spoiled brat, or if what I'm saying is BS, I've kinda just learned to get off Chaz before anything happens, lol.
It definitely is like a family...in your family there are some people you like more than others, haha.
You have never struck me as a spoiled brat! Off topic but the fact that anyone would think that shocks me.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I don't really get into many debates on here. I read the threads and silently pick sides! :p Haha, no but for serious, I usually think that other people have already covered what I'm thinking (and more eloquently than I could), so there's nothing intelligent left for me to add. I find that I tend to like people more AFTER the long debate threads, even if I don't necessarily agree with their stance. There have been a few dog-related debates that have really made me think, and a couple that have even changed my own stance on certain things. I find a lot of the dog-related debates informative and interesting, and I try to keep an open mind. That's what I like about this forum, the fact that the members have such an array of different opinions. I find that on other boards, people are often set in ONE particular way. Doesn't seem to leave a lot of room for learning. :)

Anyway, I like most people on here, and can only really think of one or two that I don't. And like someone else has said, it's not through any personal arguments with them. It's just usually repetitive, predictable behaviour that I personally find annoying. And even then, it's not that I HATE them or anything, I just try to avoid their posts.

BostonBanker

If I get in arguments with the same person a lot, or if their posts just get me irritated all the time, I block them. Simple fix, nobody knows who I have blocked, and if I get really curious I just look at their posts on my own terms.
I tried that, but then everyone else goes and quotes their comments in their own posts, and I wind up getting wound up all over again :p I really wish there was a way to block that as well.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
If I get in arguments with the same person a lot, or if their posts just get me irritated all the time, I block them. Simple fix, nobody knows who I have blocked, and if I get really curious I just look at their posts on my own terms. I only have maybe 3 or 4 people blocked, some of which I don't think are here anymore. I have also unblocked people after getting to know them better.

Just one or two arguments or disagreements, though, no big deal.

BTW Fran I had a dream about you the other day :rofl1:
AWESOME!! LOL what was I doing??!?
Dream Fran better be awesome.

Taqroy

I tried that, but then everyone else goes and quotes their comments in their own posts, and I wind up getting wound up all over again :p I really wish there was a way to block that as well.
ME TOO. My own curiosity pretty much destroys any usefulness of the block function. Lol.

That said, I don't really hold grudges on the internet. What's the point? I have enough grudges to hold in real life. :p There are a couple people I just genuinely don't like but I think most of them are gone or blocked.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I definitely agree, Fran. I enjoy debating and I like seeing every side- It always makes for interesting conversations! I would never dislike anyone for standing up for their convictions, even if it is something I strongly disagree with. It's good to feel strongly about your opinion or belief. What irks me is when people act trollish. I'll admit to disliking those people, but they usually don't last.

Sparks, Puck, and I have been in some pretty heated threads in the past. I respect both of them for feeling strongly about their beliefs. Heck, I just ordered something from Hannah's Hands last week- obviously these threads haven't affected how I feel about them!

I need to run so I'll reply more later!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Chaz is tame compared to how it used to be!!!!!!!!

And I should know lol. I still have the same opinions as I ever did, I just came to the realisation that I have much better things to be doing than getting into in depth internet battles. It gets boring.

What frustrated me 'back in the day' was when people would say something was said to merely get a reaction. I can categorically state I have never posted anything to get a reaction (unless it's OBVIOUSLY something silly, a joke, a picture, tongue in cheek etc) when I have been debating something. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean.

I don't hate people, but there are people I wouldn't feel I have anything in common with.

I don't seek approval or friendship from the internet. Any made is just a bonus. I'm fond of chaz, I woyldnt have stayed nearly 7 years if I wasn't.

I don't plan on going anywhere.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I like Puckstop. I think he is a good man, a hard worker, an awesome husband and Father, yet I don't think there is anyone on this forum for the longest time that I disagreed more with. I hate people who try to hurt me. Disagreeing on a forum isn't hurting me. People need to get that. If you put your opinion out there there will be people out there that disagree with you. Has nothing to do with like or dislike.

Where it crosses the line is when it follows into Pm's with personal threats, or the sly indication of interpretation of a personal threat. Wording it that way, doen't change the intent. If that happens, report it. If you feel it is a threat, and dont' want to be upset by it..don't open it. Put whoever is irking you on ignore. IT's that easy.

The other variety is the pack, where one person tells another person tells another person tells another person that such in such said this and meant that, and those people need to go back to grade school and get it out of their systems. We are adults here and need to behave as such. If your going to put an opinion out there, be prepared to debate it, and try hard to follow the rules of debate. We all learned them didnt' we in middle school? I like a good debate, don't mind reading it on here. I do mind personal insults, it just brings the whole forum down like a big black cloud and then you have to deal with it if your a mod and why? Because someone had a bad day at work and decided to come take it out here? Bless the hearts of the mods that do that more than I do. I am a good spam remover but I dislike the bickering side of this so much I can't put it into words. I would much rather go push a paintbrush and i am sure they have something they would rather do to. THey are better people than I am.
Is there such a thing as Forum Rage, like road rage?
I am pretty sure I have seen it in the last 8 years.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I consider Puck to be a good friend and a wonderful man. . . yet we go out of our way, it seems, to quarrel with each other. In fact, it was that quarreling that led to us being friends beyond the confines of Chaz.

There's a difference between disagreeing passionately with someone and hating them. I think that all to often all we see on the internet is the opinion, which we might hate, and not the person, who we might like very much, despite of (or because of!) their opinions.

And yes, Sparks, "matronly" was how I imagined you! Oops!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I consider Puck to be a good friend and a wonderful man. . . yet we go out of our way, it seems, to quarrel with each other. In fact, it was that quarreling that led to us being friends beyond the confines of Chaz.

There's a difference between disagreeing passionately with someone and hating them. I think that all to often all we see on the internet is the opinion, which we might hate, and not the person, who we might like very much, despite of (or because of!) their opinions.

And yes, Sparks, "matronly" was how I imagined you! Oops!
Haha ok I was thinking matronly was it but wasn't sure LOL

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I don't think I even post in most of the huge debate threads. A lot of the time I type my thoughts out, read over the post, then go "Meh" and never actually post anything. When I do post something, most of the time I don't even go back to see how the thread progressed or if someone responded to me. There isn't anyone I dislike. There are some people I don't like, but that's more for being condescending and rude, not because I've disagreed with them.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I know that I was rude and hurtful in quite a few past threads/posts and it makes me quite ashamed, but what can you do but learn and grow from it, so I do want to appologize to anyone that I was an ass too. I try to think before I hit the reply button now, but its awfully hard sometimes lol

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I try to have a live and let live attitude most of the time. I think it is important to be able to agree to disagree.

I also often walk away from threads if things seem to go overboard.

If I ever said something that came across as hurtful to someone it was totally unintentional.

Life is too short to hold grudges over something said on the internet.

That being said I like pretty much everyone here... :D

Members online

No members online now.