New Camera.. HELP!

xpaeanx

I've been thinking about buying myself a nice camera bc mine is P&S and ALWAYS looks crappy... I rarely post pics bc every time I try to take them... they just look bad... so I don't bother posting them.

Anyway, I need help. I know nothing about lenses and anything really...

I found D90 kits
Bingo Cameras

and D60
Bingo Cameras

Help? Please!

Saje

Island dweller
Well if you can afford the d90 get that. It all depends on your price range. And as for lenses. If you have the cash get the kit with two lenses. That will be a good starting point and will allow you to be flexible. If cash is limited get the d60 and the smaller kit lens.

xpaeanx

There's a bunch of different lense options, there must be at least 15 different lenses on there.... and I dont' know what lenses do what.

Do you know what they all are for? Maybe you can offer a suggestion on what sizes?

Saje

Island dweller
What are you planning on shoot? Indoors mostly? Outdoors? Portraits? Landscapes? Actions??? I know dogs :p

xpaeanx

probably outdoor action mostly, with some attempts at portraits (If I can ever get the insane duo to stay in one place for longer than .000002546876341 of a second).

Saje

Island dweller
well the kit with the 28-300 will give you a lot of flexibility. it's not the best lens but it'll allow you to keep up with them while they are moving. later youshould get the 50 mm 1.8 (or 1.4 if you can afford it) it'll work for portraits.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
What is "Bingo Cameras"?
Is it a reputable store?

Be VERY careful who you buy from online.
I'd only buy from Amazon.com, adorama.com, B&H photo, Ritzcamera.com, and a couple other places.
Unless that Bingo cameras store is in Canada or another country and I just haven't heard of them before.:D

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I echo what Chewbecca said. Google the place you are looking at (Bingo) and see what the review is.

Other than that, if you have the money, go for the Nikon D90! :D

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I would REALLY be cautious, too, of the D60 selling with a 28-300mm kit lens.
I don't even think that Nikon makes a 28-300mm lens, and I just googled it and couldn't find a Nikon lens in that focal range. Tamron and Sigma make a lens in that focal range, but Nikon doesn't.
And even JUST the D90 body should be selling for more than $318, it's their newest camera. Last time I checked, you couldn't even buy a solo D80 for that price. Or even a solo D40.

Be careful.

Staff online

Members online