Min Pin Comming

A

an5gel99

hi. i cant get my female 22 week old min pin to come when i call her. any suggestions? Anyone else have a min pin?

joanne66

Hi, I don't have a Min Pin, but I had the same problem with my Maltese not coming when I called her. She would come when my husband called her but wouldn't respond to my voice.

I ended up buying a dog whistle and some dog treats, and got her to come to me when I used the whistle and gave her a treat everytime and it worked!

Joanne

A

an5gel99

Thank you alot. it is funnny bc on all other sites this thread is popular but here i only have like 1 post. weird..but i will buy a whistle...does it matter what kind of whistle?

A

an5gel99

Like the kind that only dogs can hear? Where would i get one and what is the approx.cost of the whistle?

At 22 wks your pup is too young to have a reliable recall. You will need to work with her first on a 6 ft leash for some training sessions. Then when she gets reliable at that length move on to a 20-30 ft training leash and gradually work out to the end of it. Once she is reliable at that length then you can start working on off-lead recall in a safe, fenced area. It does take quite a bit of time but it is a very valuable lesson for them to learn and can save their lives should they get loose in an unsafe area.

A

an5gel99

but the problem is that min pins are very independent dogs so i dont know if she will ever come.

or if she chases someone if they run they get her looking towards you and start running to get her running towards you then start calling her name when you stop and give her a treat when she comes to you. sounds silly but it worked when roxy got out of the front door. afterwards she always responds when i call her name

i was just telling how i got my roxy to coem to me when i called her. it happened when she got out the front door because someone accidentally left it open. well when she was outside we couldnt get her to come back in so when i called her name she looked at me. well when she was still looking at me i ran inside and she chased me in. from that point on everytime i called her she will run towards and tackle me thinking i am going to run (even though she was only 5 pounds). basically she likes to chase me when i run. that probably doesnt make sense but oh well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.